Wii Lan Adapter

tle84

LittleGecko
Dec 1, 2007
Thomasville, GA
Wii Online Code
2143-8910-5561-9980
I am having a heck of a time getting the wii to connect wireless. I think its our setup, its kind weird. So, my laptop is wireless. Will it work if I connect the lan adapter to the wii then connect a cat5 cable from that too my laptop(that has an active wireless connect? Has anyone tried that?

Thanks, :wink:

technically yes, it can work. when you set-up a computer network, there's an option that says "i am connected to the internet through another computer."

i have no idea how to get the wii to do this, but i'm mostly sure that it can be done. i havent tried to do this at all.

Thanks for the reply but I tried it tonight and it did not work. I bridged the connections between my wireless connection and the local area connection. I also used a crossover cable instead of a regular cat5 cable. I got error code 52220. Any ideas? I cannot get the wireless to work with our router, but I did get it to work at my dads house. So I know thats its not faulty.

Thanks,

I had the exact same problem. You have a laptop wirelessly hooked up to a router? Get yourself a Wi-Fi USB adapter. It hooks into your laptop, and your Wii connects to your computer instead of your router.
Worked like a charm for me.

Yes, I have that usb thing, but that will not work for me. B/c it enables DHCP, and if I have DHCP enabled it will knock the network down. That is bad!!! This is our setup. Friends house=with router. My moms office has T1 and they extended the T1 line down to her house. Then we have a range booster at another friends house(4 houses down). Then at our house we have another range booster in my room. The internet works great with the two range boosters. Its either something with the firewall at the office or our wireless N router. Later this week, I'm going to hook the old Linksys wrt54g router.

Thanks,

Tiffany

Back