Wii-less in Vermont

sremick

Got lifeboat?
Jun 11, 2007
Vermont, USA
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Hey everyone, just signed on here, seems like the most-popular Wii forum. I actually don't own one yet... trying like hel... er, heck to find one though. I'm not willing to pay the eBay mafia or crapbundle prices though. Problem is, I live in what is relatively the sticks probably compared to most of you. No store here has ever had one for sale whenever I've been there, and that includes the handful of box stores that are an hour drive from me (Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart).

I monitor RSS stock notification feeds... I even have my own thing I set up monitoring the Amazon page that will page my cell as soon as they're available (unfortunately I missed the stock on 6/6). Still, no luck. :( Would be nice to avoid tax and shipping, which is why Amazon is so appealing.

Seriously at this point I'd buy used. I want 2 controllers and 2 nunchuks, and a classic controller might be nice. Games I'm interested in are Mario Party, Wii Play, Zelda, Paper Mario, Prince of Persia... so none of the bundles are of any value to me. Argh.

Anyhow, with any luck I'll have a Wii by the end of this month and I can become a real participant in these forums, but so far my luck isn't doing very well...

No longer Wii-less. :D

Bought one off another guy for $300 including a 2nd controller and a nunchuk and an unsubmitted extended service plan all paid for. I picked up a 2nd nunchuck and Mario Party, and got it working on my wireless network. Sweet! Now to find more games to buy...

sremick said:
No longer Wii-less. :D

Bought one off another guy for $300 including a 2nd controller and a nunchuk and an unsubmitted extended service plan all paid for. I picked up a 2nd nunchuck and Mario Party, and got it working on my wireless network. Sweet! Now to find more games to buy...
Congrats on getting your Wii console. Happy gaming.

Back