wii lithium battery in the wii

ivandb

wii are you doing this
Dec 26, 2006
does anyone no why their is a battery in the wii what hapens if it runs out will you loose all vc games saves and mii data bacause i leave my wii unpluged so its never standby will it run out fast any info on this topic

I can't say that I have noticed that there is one there. However I guess it will do the same job as the Lithium battery on a PC's Motherboard. It will keep the Wii's internal clock and settings powered if there is ever a powercut.

Not to sure but I guess if it does start to run flat you will not notice too many problems unless there is a powercut, and no your VC games won't be lost.

Also I have never know a Lithium battery on my PC's motherboards go flat and some of them are over 8 years old!

thanks

this is reasuring its in the owners manual you can screw open alid and theirs a bat like a phone wich can be replaced if needed but hope we wont need that

ya i was worried about this too at first but its just for settings clock etc anyway, like the memory doesnt need power all the time. you know if you pull a hdd out of a comp and put it back in data is still there, and my friend has a 16 year old computer that still works so dont worry about it running flat in the wiis lifetime mate and when it does you will lose your time and date... oh no lol but yer nuthing to worry bout k

sounds good

no worrys here if sombody tried to pull it out let us now:ihih:

It's basically a CMOS battery it saves Wii operating system settings/boot settings and time. Just as with a PC it has nothing to do with your precious data saved.

Back