Wii Martial Arts

codehat

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2006
Brisbane, Australia
Hi Fellow Wii fans,

I was just wondering if anyone knows if any game stuios are planning to make a martial arts educating / entertainment style application for the Wii Technology. I think it would be huge especially the fighting with weapons propects.

Wade.

i dont think red steel will do this due to the fact that you only use swords and guns.

but anything is possible for the wii they could very well do this in the future.

only thing is they would need to make some kind of wii shoes so that you can kick too lol

Yes the list goes on "wiiwii". Wii swords, Wii boots, Wii Glove, The Wii Marital kit! It could be a huge franchise. especially if there were Wii Games to compete aroud the world in ie "Wii World Olympics" or something.

Just a dream which I would like to see one day. I would certainly be buying the goods if they ever came to reality.

Dought it
you wouldn't get the feal of the fight
or brawl in my case

"Darkprinny" -> If you think ppl wouldnt get the feel of a real fight then i dont think you should waste your time on this site or playing the Wii device.

The Wii is well capable of reproducing an effect of hitting an object with its WiiTechnology.

I agree, Darkprinny.

Codehat, if the Wii can replicate you taking a slug to the jaw, then we're getting somewhere. Your screen will get blurry but you can still see the clock above your TV whenever you want. The Wii will never replicate a real situation, only emulate it. You'll never get the feal for a fight, because you wont have a 230 pound guy staring you in the face while you're right eye brow drips blood into your line of vision. Props for putting martial arts into the heads of others, I think theres a lot of potential there. But real Wii Olypmpic compitions? Getting a feel for a REAL fight? It's a game system man... go outside every now and then. Play Zelda, play Madden, play Metriod and realize its for entertainment purposes and shouldn't replace real life.

I actually do kung fu, go outside and all the rest but am keen on the special effects apect and the education of forms and basic move training to go outside and practice with. As for my Wii Olympics this would be an awesome idea for the world events similar to the ones blizzard and others hold for their franchises.

Yes helmets and boots with force feedback would be an added bouns to the training.

codehat said:
I actually do kung fu

so does Keanu Reeves...

codehat said:
go outside and all the rest but am keen on the special effects apect and the education of forms and basic move training to go outside and practice with.

Dude... no. You can't perfect martial arts techniques playing a video game. Not even with the Wii... people can BS a movement on the controllers without actually doing the correct move, then think they are doing it right. Not gonna work, even as cool as Wii is.

codehat said:
As for my Wii Olympics this would be an awesome idea for the world events similar to the ones blizzard and others hold for their franchises.

Ok, granted... cool.

codehat said:
Yes helmets and boots with force feedback would be an added bouns to the training.

Little expensive, when you could jsut GO DO THE KARATE. Also... all the bruising or damaga it would cause to the person... I smell a lawsuit. You can't just pull the "well you knew what you were getting into when you bought it" excuse either. That just doesn't hold up. Theres too many liabilities to enforce that. And, dont call it training... see my second point.

Last edited:
Kick some one smaller then some one higher
Im 6`2 but I whouldnt try it
diffrent people respond diffrently to diffrent tecs

lol at force feed back still wont get the feal of a real punch

I dont recall saying that these device would imitate a real punch or the real training.

Not even with all these gadgets that i have suggested.... im sure that applications (not direct game entertainment as we knew it) but a new breed of applications ie. sing star, eye toy and now the multi-touch panel all next-gen (game related sometimes) technologies which are going to bring a new type of entertainment to the public. sensor detecting seems to be "the present" and the technology is only going to get better in RevolutionNext, and the other next next-gen systems. What i am describing could be apart of a near-future online fighting style gaming with REAL moves from martial arts etc.

I think nintendo probably has a lead on this concept (maybe, i could be wrong)

Back