Wii Media Center X

Kryptenx said:
Yes, it also tells you in the readme file.

How?

This is what the Read Me says...

4. OTHER OPERATING SYSTEM SETUP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

4.1 Installation Instructions

1. Unzip the "mediacenterX_Jar.zip"

2. Run MediaCenter.jar from a terminal window using the following

command: "java -jar MediaCenter.jar"

4.2 Uninstall Instructions

1. Delete the directory where MediaCenter.jar is located

---

Yeah..... helps a lot.....

How do you use RedKawa's Wii Media Player X? You have to put it on your Wii or do you download it onto your comp?

Edit: You know what...nvm. How do you get your SD card into your comp? I got this lame Dell and I don't see a SD card slot.

Last edited:
Fatty Mac said:
Edit: You know what...nvm. How do you get your SD card into your comp? I got this lame Dell and I don't see a SD card slot.

Well if you don't have an SD slot on your computer. Then you would need to get a seperate device that you would plug in via USB and use it that way. Google it and you should find one at a decent price.

i have never used SD cards but if you look around you can get adapters to use sd cards with your USB ports i think, search for 'SD card adapter' or something.

With WiiMediaCentreX you download the program to your comp and install, it makes your PC a kinda server for your wii. then u use Wii Opera web browser to go to the ip address which is found on the window while media centre is running on your pc.

SO I guess my question without reading to much into this player, do I have to reformat all of the movies on my computer so the wii can read it or is this what this software does for me while streaming it to my wii ?

Would be nice to save some dvdr and cdr discs :)

wiifreek said:
SO I guess my question without reading to much into this player, do I have to reformat all of the movies on my computer so the wii can read it or is this what this software does for me while streaming it to my wii ?

Would be nice to save some dvdr and cdr discs :)

you have to convert them first using the red kawa video converter, you must set the converter to save them as FLV (flash video or something) and them put them in the video folder of media centre as instructed on Red Kawa site.

media centre is nice but still in its early stages. you can only view about the first 3mins (on average) of video files.. i think its becuase its not streaming the files, but rather downloading them (or could be something to do with opera only being a trial version). also i dont think u can currently play music files.

imae said:
media centre is nice but still in its early stages. you can only view about the first 3mins (on average) of video files.. i think its becuase its not streaming the files, but rather downloading them (or could be something to do with opera only being a trial version). also i dont think u can currently play music files.
No, the Media Center streams. It's just not very good. It's been out for a month now and they still do not have mp3s working. WiiCR came out a week before with the ability to stream mp3s and videos WAY longer than 3 minutes.

Media Center X is going nowhere. It's pretty, but their developers aren't doing the best job they could.

All this talk about media center is making me excited I'm totally doing this when I get home from work!

Is it supposed to be in front of your comp...or its hidden somewhere in the back? Because if its supposed to be in the front, I don't have one...

u mean the address?, sorry i worded it abit funny. its here:

Image1.png

Kryptenx said:
No, the Media Center streams. It's just not very good. It's been out for a month now and they still do not have mp3s working. WiiCR came out a week before with the ability to stream mp3s and videos WAY longer than 3 minutes.

Media Center X is going nowhere. It's pretty, but their developers aren't doing the best job they could.

thanks for pointing out WiiCR, i had no idea it exsisted.. iv been playing with it (pain to install) and im quite impressed. clever how it splits the video's into segments, i wouldnt give up on media centre x right away although i see what your saying - its better that 2 seperate sources are in development rather than 1, im sure both will improve.

Last edited:
I'm Stuck

First, I put the Wii mp3 files into C:\Program Files\Red Kawa\Media Center\software\Music\music just like it says, but it is not showing up on my Wii. Second, how do you format MPEG and MPG files into FLV?

Please help, I've looked around the site but i bet i just missed or wasn't looking in the right threads.

Back