Wii Media Downloads

ValShizzle

WiiChat Member
Oct 18, 2007
(I'm not really sure if this should go here or if it's already been discussed; it's about a website regarding wii games...)

I was browsing the web today and stumbled upon an interesting site. www.wiimediadownloads.com. It sounds pretty awesome, in that you pay $44.95 or something once and you get unlimited downloads of not only wii games, but music and movies too.
First off, it doesn't really sound all that legal, although a google search led me to something that said it was legel...? I don't remember the site.

But I guess you download the games onto your computer and then burn it to a DVD and then pop it into the Wii and it works.

Personally, I think it's fake. I mean, it advertises getting Halo on your wii.

Has anybody actually tried this or know anything more about it?

haha oh dear me :p yes, yes it is fake, I don't even have to look past the first page to know, check out the fake "OMG GOLD STAR AWARD" at the bottom

"The Materials on this Site may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. We make no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the Materials. The use of this Site and the Materials is at your own risk."

That basically says it all...read there terms of agreement..its fake they will run with ur money

"The purchase of a membership is not a license to upload or download copyrighted material. We urge you to respect copyright laws and share responsibly. WiiMediaDownloads.com does not provide a direct database for downloading. WiiMediaDownloads.com provides members with the necessary software, tutorials & unlimited technical support for their downloading needs."

So in other words a link to Utorrent.com ...

Total scam, not to mention spam. Doesn't it seem suspicious that this person joined WiiChat and then only posted this message and one other follow-up in the same thread?

This whole thread should be deleted.

And it's certainly not a media-defender front at all. Certainly.

Nobody would ever post a link to an entrapment scheme for downloading video-games on a video-game forum.

That would never happen.

Incidentally, if you sign up for the service, I will personally send you a fresh baked cake once a month while you are in federal prison. And some cartons of cigarettes, so that you have something to trade the other inmates for not beating you...

Also, Mac and PC compatible I'll buy, but Wii compatible? First off, there is no way to save download content to the Wii (the capability just isn't there), and it uses a proprietary Nintendo file system. Sorry, it's a fake.

Wow. I would die of laughter if someone actually fell for this :lol:

registerednerd said:
Also, Mac and PC compatible I'll buy, but Wii compatible? First off, there is no way to save download content to the Wii (the capability just isn't there), and it uses a proprietary Nintendo file system. Sorry, it's a fake.

You do know you can buy a SD card and use that to transfer between the two.

zurukea HURRY UP and tell us

Back