Wii Message Board and Play History

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Nintendo have today unveiled some new details about the Wii message board feature.

The Wii message board will act as a dashboard type interface, giving users the ability to set personal reminders and mesages for other users in the household aswell as send email. The message board will also collect console and game information for each specific user.
"If you're playing Animal Crossing, a message like “Concert next Saturday in town” will automatically be posted on the Message Board"

"I envision the Message Board helping everyone in the family communicate with each other. These days, because everyone is so busy, it is becoming more and more difficult for people to take the time to sit around the table and chat."
-Tamaki, one of the creators of the Wii Message Board

Nintendo also went into detail about the Wii Play feature which records how long you spend playing each individual game, to produce interesting statistics.

It's just really fun for users to be able to see the record of how long they played," said Iwata. "In the future, we could make it possible to plot on a graph how much you've played. Also, with users' cooperation, we could compile data on which game was the most played that year."

Here's a roundup of the Message board and Wii play features courtesy of Joystiq.

Message Board

• Stores user achievement data and shares it will other users of that console
  • Integrates with games to alert players of important events; e.g. "Concert next Saturday in town" (Animal Crossing)
  • Utilizes date sorting and calendar integration
  • When connected to the internet, can be linked to other consoles' Message Boards to exchange notes, data, screenshots, etc. (in other words: simplified email client)
  • Compatible with mobile phones

Play History

• Data collection function, which cannot be cleared
  • Compiles total amount of playtime (and possibly other stats) for every game played
  • Doubles as a monitoring system for parents wanting to keep a watchful eye on their kids' gaming habits
  • Will be used by Nintendo (with user consent) to pool data into useful statistical categories; i.e. "most played game of the year"

Sources:
http://www.clubskill.com/?view=article&article=4401
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/09/27/new-wii-features-message-board-and-play-history/

i0n said:
When connected to the internet, can be linked to other consoles' Message Boards to exchange notes, data, screenshots, etc. (in other words: simplified email client)
Compatible with mobile phones
Now thats what i'm talking about :yesnod:

I want a system like MSN where you can see whos online and a little icon that says when they come online. Other it would be a nightmare like the DS :mad5:

Lol stats always surprise me I gave up Coke a Cola/Pepsi for a month and I saved around about $75 its amazing how much we do or spend with out even relising it. Sounds great

Last edited:
deity_link said:
hahaha very funny I talking about coke a cola :wtf:
Thank god for that, I was just gonna make a big speech how great the Wii is for making coke heads get off the smack to help them save up there money to get one.:lol:

Hi there!

Hi everybody,

My name is Allan, I am 41 yrs old, living in Fort Worth, TX.

I'd love to make good close friends here.

Thanks,
Allan.

Back