Wii messed up TV pixels?

Lukws1Lt

WiiChat Member
Jun 6, 2011
Lithuania
Wii Online Code
3501-0853-1971-4195
Hi everyone!
I am very happy to join Wii community (I got my Wii month ago).I am very picky and I am usually noticing all regular and little things that i think is wrong or it is a problem, so, after a few days I got my Wii connected, I noticed that in TV's top left corner, about 10 pixels are black(as later noticed they just got dark, not black) I was thinking thats because of Wii settings or something, so I went to settings and changed from 50 Hz to 60 Hz just because I heard games looks better with 60 Hz. After new settings I noticed more dark pixels in right middle corner and a bit in top right corner, then went back from 60 Hz to 50 Hz made extra dark pixels gone, there was only 10 top left corner dark pixels left like before, so all the time I was playing with them. Today, I noticed them when I was watching TV and not playing my Wii! (Even power cable was unplugged). TV settings is on 100 Hz, so maybe Wii changed TV settings to 50 Hz too, so TV has same 10 dark pixels too? After that I wanted to play with Wii again, when i turned it on, all pixels were working perfectly, after about 15min. same 10 dark pixels showed up again. Same was with watching TV, they started to show after about 15min. My TV is CRT ~80 cm(31 inche) diameter. It is about 5 years old. My question is : Is it possible that the Wii caused these pixel problems? We are looking to buy new TV these days, and I really want answer, because if Wii caused this problem, I don't want Wii to make same problems with new one. Thanks for honest answers.

Lukws1Lt

Last edited:
Maybe I just didn't made attention before I got my Wii, maybe all these pixel problems were before I got my Wii? Most of shows and movies cuts bottom and top of TV screen a bit so I just didn't saw these problems?

Thanks for reply and your answer. I am glad that Wii haven't caused that problem. :yesnod:

But one thing is still bothering me : When I start some of the programs in Wii, like weather channel, it cuts more corners, make more pixels to become dark. I was thinking thats because of Wii too, and ONLY in Wii, not in TV. But today after play games, same right corner was cut like playing in Wii. I think your answer have answered all my questions, but I think I need to check it practical. I should plug my Wii into another similar TV and play there for a few days, then everything will come up.

Back