Wii Mid life Crisis

Wii_tastic

WiiChat Member
Oct 7, 2007
Well I've had my Wii for about 4 months now and at first I couldn't put down the controller, but now it seems like its losing its zestiness that it once had. The first month I played Wii sports all the time with my friends and we had a blast. Then that got kind of boring and the fun came to a sudden hault. So I figured I would just go out and by myself another game. I purchased Metroid Prime and that was alright but the aiming got annoying with the controller. I didn't really notice how annoying the aiming was until I played halo 3 this past week at my friend's house. It just seems to me that the responsive wii stick doesn't really do it for me anymore. So I was thinking about selling my wii on ebay to make a little cash. or I was thinking about trying to return it to gamestop for credit to get a 360. If anyone has any suggestions for what I should do please respond. Any advice is appreciated.

Sell it on ebay, you'll make a nice figure. Make sure you include the sensor bar and all the other things you get in the box on the ebay listing cause parents will pay more thinking they get more. I turn a nice profit in on Wii's and barely need my job anymore. The Wii is a huge success and if you work people good you can be a success too. When you start noticing the profit you'll want to sell more. I goto all the retail stores in my area and buy out all the Wii's whenever they get shipments in. I had one parent ask if she could buy one and I was like "no, I can make more on ebay"

Well I can say is good games are coming.
Like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

And as for the setting in Metroid, all you needed was for a simple change in the aiming setting.
There are 3, pick the one thats suits you best. Simple.

I tried all three of the settings but I guess I don't really prefer aiming with the stick. It gets annoying having to be so concentrated on aiming. And I'm not to sure if I want to keep a system that I'm going to have to constantly update with 50 dollar games. My pockets aren't exactly that deep. But anyways, Gthwaite please PM me with some info on selling on ebay. Thanks for your help man. I could use the money

The best way to revive it is to mix other things into your life. I bought my Wii on release day, and I still play it all the time. College life keeps me quite occupied, so being able to play Wii now and again is awesome. If you just play Wii all day, it is bound to lose its zest.

Haha and what if you use my idea to steal my customers? Nah I'm just playing, the gravy train is strong enough to hold a ton of more people. It's really amazing how much mom's (mom's specifically, easier to take advantage of) will pay for a system worth 250 dollars. I've sold some for up to 450 on just the base package. And I like how buzz said the best way to enjoy the Wii is not to play it. Nice man, there are easier ways to enjoy it. Such as selling it! Yeah my new 50 inch plasma looks great! Playing Wii on a 50 inch plasma that I got by selling the system in the first place is just really sweet.

Last edited:
If you are set on selling it then try ebay or craigslist, if you want to give it another chance there are a few games out that you should try as well as there are quite a few good games coming out in the next few months.

Good point, GT. Apparently the wii is not all its cracked out to be if I can't play for a certain length and not have fun. I might have to move back to regular controllers. I'll pm you my aim GT so I can get some tips on how to take advantage of the market (AKA hopeless soccer moms LOL). I'm gonna need to make my money back from nintendo and THEN SOME.

You thought the aiming in Metroid Prime was "annoying"??? Wow. Thats the first time I've heard that. So let me get this straight. You don't want to have to be so focused on aiming all the time, yet you want to play Halo 3 which is NOTHING BUT AIMING?!? Metroid has you doing all sorts of things, not just aiming and shooting. Maybe you're just too inexperienced as a gamer to appreciate the level of control and precision the Wii allows. MP3 is one of the greatest games ever, and it pushed you over the edge to consider selling your Wii?? That is practically laughable.
And finally, you don't want to have to "update" your Wii with $50 games because you don't have deep pockets, so you want a 360 which sells it's new games for........$60!! Hilarious!
I think you need to splash some cold water in your face cause it sounds like you've either got too immature a view of the reality of videogames today, or you're substituting the opinions of others for your own. If you sell your Wii and get a 360, you'll quickly realize that the "same-old" world of gaming just can't deliver the experience that the Wii can. Not that there's anything wrong with the 360, but you'll regret it for sure.
Especially once Smash Bros. Brawl comes out.......haha......

Um... If you lost interest in the Wii this fast, you may find no console can appease your sense of boredom. Seriously. To get bored of any console in 4 months is just sad. Before you throw your cash all over the place, make sure the 360 won't bore you in 4 months.

Transfixed said:
You thought the aiming in Metroid Prime was "annoying"??? Wow. Thats the first time I've heard that. So let me get this straight. You don't want to have to be so focused on aiming all the time, yet you want to play Halo 3 which is NOTHING BUT AIMING?!? Metroid has you doing all sorts of things, not just aiming and shooting. Maybe you're just too inexperienced as a gamer to appreciate the level of control and precision the Wii allows. MP3 is one of the greatest games ever, and it pushed you over the edge to consider selling your Wii?? That is practically laughable.
And finally, you don't want to have to "update" your Wii with $50 games because you don't have deep pockets, so you want a 360 which sells it's new games for........$60!! Hilarious!
I think you need to splash some cold water in your face cause it sounds like you've either got too immature a view of the reality of videogames today, or you're substituting the opinions of others for your own. If you sell your Wii and get a 360, you'll quickly realize that the "same-old" world of gaming just can't deliver the experience that the Wii can. Not that there's anything wrong with the 360, but you'll regret it for sure.
Especially once Smash Bros. Brawl comes out.......haha......

What is it with you people? Did you not read what he said? The guy doesn't want it anymore! You people act like he made fun of your mom. You seriously typed out some little 2 paragraph spiel to try to make him either feel bad or second guess himself. Not everyone thinks the way you do and not accepting his point of view makes you look immature. Maybe you'll make him sit on the back of the bus because he doesn't share your viewpoint? Metroid is a great game that alot of people enjoy, just because someone doesn't like it doesn't mean they did something wrong.

sagema said:
Um... If you lost interest in the Wii this fast, you may find no console can appease your sense of boredom. Seriously. To get bored of any console in 4 months is just sad. Before you throw your cash all over the place, make sure the 360 won't bore you in 4 months.

Completely disagree.

The games make a system, not the system - the games for the Wii are completely different in style to games out, and coming out for the other two systems.

I had the same issue.
I bought a wii on release day, got bored sold it a couple of months down the line.
Then my friends and family started getting them, and it re-kindled my interest.
I can understand your getting bored though.. It happens

I did exactly the same, sold wii got an xbox 360 instead.
They both have the pros and cons..
I didn't like the gold account system on the xbox (although it's much better than the wii online stuff!)

If you do sell, i would advise a way of getting cash for it, and think hard whether you buy another console..
I sold my xbox the other day as i wasn't playing it, i got bored!! I expect we are similar in that way.
What I am doing now, is limiting myself to one game at a time. I have wii sports and resident evil. I wont buy another game until I have finished RE.
This works well for me, as I then keep playing the games and look forward to the next game.

ebay sucks (too much work to get started, lots to learn, scumbags use it, stuff like that). try selling on a different forum. special ops paintball forum has a non paintball sale section, but Wiis have not sold on there before so i wouldnt try that. i just think its easier to deal with a forum. plus theres less of a chance of getting ripped off etc. etc.

i too am bored of my wii now. im buying a 360 when i get paid in 2 weeks and itll hold me over till good games come out for wii.

Back