wii might be dissapointed..........

in a previous theard i made , i gave information that mgs series will not only become a sony exclusive title, they are making an xbox version and possible a worn down wii version, i made a thread about that a couple hours ago, you might wanna check it out

^I'm a bit confused. What is technically '3rd party?'

MP3 was not made by Ninty, it was made by Retro.

im really pulling for nintendo tho, i hope none of my comments make anyone here think that im a wiihater

You didn't answer my question

How is Metroid not a 'third party Juggernaut'?

LevesqueIsKing said:

srry about that, i didnt mean to ignore you, ok im not saying that nintendo doesnt have thrid party juggernauts, im just saying that they need more, because you see thats where sony and microsoft are playing the "mature" part of the industry well, if one series fails then they have another one to fall back on, i think that you could agree with that, while nintendo really just has the metroid series, but then what is nintendo to do if that series fails to attract more of an audience?

thats where i was trying to make my point that nintendo needs a little bit more

Nintendo is doing great the Nintendo DS is selling more than any console and there really getting better..the only reason why Nintendo seem to have difficulties is when it comes to mature games such as ghost reckon and stuff like that they just enjoy there fantasy made cartoon characters that make people happy..lol and a lot of people do search for the more violent games just because it seems to be more action filled but wii is doing awesome no one should complain they came out with fun FPS shooters and there awesome. the interactive control make it more fun and places you i the time for E.g Call of duty and medal of honor those are amazing history detailed FPS's they place you in the game it awesome I think more people would rather move there arms and do action the twiddle wit there thumbs all day... So as I Conclude there for sure no going down Wii is an awesome console and they make it through and stay at the top the only completion i would think is the 360 other than that the PS3 just suck cause it to expensive and they don;t have a thrilling line of games.. :D that all I have to say

Last edited:
i do have to agree. nintendo has a strong 1st party but never got any real good support from 3rd parties. well now that might change because wii IS what everyone wants. however, what is the limit for the Wii? i mean, graphically, i think we probably already seen the best of it from MP3. graphically, the Wii is nothing that we have not seem before.

will it be the innovative controls that will save the Wii? no. it will be the games and that's where it is still lacking in. what are some of the biggest games coming in the holiday season? we got ssmb, mario, and maybe manhunt.

xbox will have it's halo 3, the orange box, mass effect, assassin's creed, phantasy star, and call of duty 4.

ps3 will have folklore, tony hawk, singstar, haze, unreal tournament, time crisis 4, uncharted: drake's fortune, and rock band.

and it's like like these games for the ps3 and 360 are just crap games, these games will be really good. ps3 and 360 have quality and quantity while the Wii only has quality. hopefully that will change. they need more 3rd party support.

i mean with soul calibur - Wii gets legends while the ps3 and 360 gets SC4 with new characters and the graphics. where is Virtua Fighter for the Wii? where is the MGS for the Wii? where is the Final Fantasy for the Wii? if you didn't understand that analogy - where is the fighter game, the FPS game, the action game, and the RPG game for the Wii?

so far it's got the platform and FPS game down with MP and Mario, where are the others? crystals chronicals wasn't that great of a game, it was good but nothing like a Final Fantasy you see on the PS family.

and if that, i'll end by saying that i own a Wii and it's okay right now, i have the must have games so far with zelda and MP3 and waiting for mario and brawl, but what is next? mario kart? manhunt? SC legends? nintendo will have to push more games by 3rd parties or else, it might be a repeat in the long run.

spawnminion said:
Nintendo is doing great the Nintendo DS is selling more than any console and there really getting better..the only reason why Nintendo seem to have difficulties is when it comes to mature games such as ghost reckon and stuff like that they just enjoy there fantasy made cartoon characters that make people happy..lol and a lot of people do search for the more violent games just because it seems to be more action filled but wii is doing awesome no one should complain they came out with fun FPS shooters and there awesome. the interactive control make it more fun and places you i the time for E.g Call of duty and medal of honor those are amazing history detailed FPS's they place you in the game it awesome I think more people would rather move there arms and do action the twiddle wit there thumbs all day... So as I Conclude there for sure no going down Wii is an awesome console and they make it through and stay at the top the only completion i would think is the 360 other than that the PS3 just suck cause it to expensive and they don;t have a thrilling line of games.. :D that all I have to say

i do agree with you, but there is a huge chuck of the gamers that adore war games and mature games, that what nintendo is lacking alot of, but they are going to fix it, i know it!!

LevesqueIsKing said:

because it's published by Nintendo. that is 1st party. 3rd party is games such as Final Fantasy where it is published by Square-Enix and not Sony. games that are 3rd parties - mgs, devil may cry, RE series, rock band, guitar hero, and NBA 2k series.

games that are 1st party - MP3, mario, ssmb, warhawk, lair, halo series, bioshock, and resistence fall of man.

Nintendo has some new deals with Valve, and the people who made Gears of War. EA and Ubisoft have fully signed up with the Wii, making entire studios for them. It may take a few years, but Nintendo will have some serious first party games later.

What probably pisses off a lot of people, and it pisses me off too is what the real average gamer buys. They avoid the high quality games like FF12, and the crappy games like Redneck Rampage. Instead I see a load of them buy Need for Speed, Madden, and many more middle ground games. Go to any game store and hang out there. You'll see what they really buy. All I see are the minority of gamers yelling the loudest, where the majority doesn't come to these forums, still over 60% don't even want online mode, and most will play a video game a few hours a week at best.

In short, Nintendo has grown the market to a new type of gamer that was lost years ago. Their opinions differ drastically from what many of you think is the norm. They just want fun, cheap games, and don't care who made it, or what it is.

Last edited:
^Alright, so it is who publishes it, not who makes it, right?

I guess that makes sense.

zapasant93 said:
the wii is the top of its game right now, it is out selling each of the other consoles byt atleast 2:1 ratio, this goes to show that graphics isnt all that people care about, i mean yes graphics are a good thing to have, but we dont need a console like ps3 or 360 that are powerful enough to send an email to jesus(exageration), like i said before, if nintendo doesnt come up with a good and enterntaining 3rd party series like ps3 and 360 already have, or they give up on online play (unlikely) what happened to dreamcast will happen to wii, wich is that they sell like crazy at first but then never really paid attention to in the lonrun, and that kinda thing could force nintendo into pulling along with sega, wich is stop making consoles and kiss ps3 and microsoft ass by making them games..... but i really would hope that nintendo goes down to that level
yah nintendo + sega would rape, esp. since all sega's games have been top notch lately.

Back