Wii mini

So much for praisin' Ninty over not re-releasing their console(s) needlessly. T'was only a matter of time since they did it with handhelds anyways...

They rereleased the NES.

I think I mostly like it cause it's new and cute, but I don't have a reason to buy it.

i have dragged my wii across many a battle field of smash
I wish it was this small from the beginning

No online cubbins from what ive been told

The Wii still has plenty of life left in it - however I don't think the Wii Mini will be very good for Wii hardcore gamers as there is no online play and no Gamecube support! The two things I use most on my Wii.

Not if you want new games, everybody jumpped ship, the PS2 out lasted it

I like its not slot loading. Flip the lid and put it in. Should of been like that from the start. And also easier to clean. You can't clean the lens of the original so easily. There are disc cleaners but sometimes those don't work. Also no internet sucks so no virtual console games or shop channel

I've been reading a few reviews on it, and here's my take:

The $100 price is kind of bad, but remember the original Wii launched at $260 or so and has dropped down to about $120. I expect the Wii Mini to drop to $60 with sales at $40. This would be an incredibly affordable console for youg families or to bring in the car or stuff.

650x.jpg

The interface is poorly thought out. It's identical to the Wii OS, but with everything related to internet or SD card support just ripped out with big gashes left behind. Take a look at the home screen! it still has the channels layout, but with only three channels.
original.jpg

I honestly think Nintendo needs to roll out an update to clean up the interface a bit, and also add more color. Shouldn't be too hard, as they can add the update to new gamedisks or possibly offer it as a download that you copy to USB drives. Probably only the former.

After that: I do think it's a good idea, but the price needs to come down a bit. The hardware, despite it's limitations, is fine and attractive (especially to it's target audience). There's nothing wrong with it, but the interface should be updated in order to be cleaned up.

Last edited:
Back