wii mod chip

robina80

WiiChat Member
Apr 1, 2007
i know you can get wii mod chips for your wii to play backup games but is there anyway i can play backup games without getting a mod chip

can i just ask why you need a mod chip or you need to tweak the hardware/software to play backup wii games because theoretically wii games are on dvd's so if you copy a wii game on a blank dvd it should work why is this not the case, im just curious???

Because the disc wont have the proper authentication that an original has. Oh and currently there is no way without a modchip

modchips aren't bad, just if they are used for illegalness. I want one with region free abilities

Yes, as of now you need a modchip to play backups of your legally owned games. The best one as of yet is the wiikey, however it is not without its problems. Any Gamecube game that uses streaming audio will not run. It's a short list, but there's some good games on there. Wiikey says they will fix this in the next update.

The installation isn't easy, you should be familiar with soldering and electronics, and I recommend having someone else do it for you if you're not good at soldering. You need a low power, fine tip soldering iron, and flux. Magnifying glass wouldn't hurt either :)

In addition to playing backups (of your legally owned games no less), it unlocks the reqion coding, so you can play NTCS imports (i.e. Japanese games). Many PAL import games also work without patching the game.

In order to make backups of wii or gamecube games you need a specific model of an LG drive, and a free program called rawdump 2.0. Google away if you wish. The LG drive costs about $20 on newegg.com, and is documented in the rawdump documentation.

There are many legal reasons to install a modchip, however most people do take advantage of the illegal backups of wii and gamecube games.

hi guys i have a problem getting my wii clip to stay on my ic chip i am on the third chip now and i am awaiting the fourth i want to know how much pressure to ***ert on the clip to get it to work all i get is bent pins i have been carefull not to go too mad with force but if i dont push hard enough the chip flashes a couple of times then goes out i actually got it working for about an hour then would not play backup games on inspection the clip pin had melted away has any one had this problem i watched videos on how to do it it looks so easy but not for me
help i have a d2c chip

Back