Wii Modchip, I need answers

Which game and how much? Circuit City has Mario Party 8 on sale for $30 last week. That is $20 below regular price. Many stores have dropped the prices of some Wii games by $20 to $30 already while other stores still selling at full price. The cheapest I saw was FarCry at $9 in Costco.

Last edited:
Again, can you list some of the game you got there with price? I am a deal watcher and I keep track where and when to get the best deal on game. Very often, others get the same deal resell them on eBay.

I saw that thread. But I don't see any buy-it-now plus shipping cost to be lower than what I saw at CircuitCity.com last Sunday (e.g. $30 MP8, $20 Madden 07, etc.).

Evi1d33d said:
Most open source modchips cost like $3 and does the exact same as the $40 WiiKey. It requires 5 wires to solder and there's no way for Nintendo to 'patch' it since it's only hacking the DVD drive and the DVD drive is not upgradeable. There are new Wii's that has newer chip or solder points removed but it only start to show up recently.

The Wii has no warranty sticker on it and thus noway of Nintendo to prove it's been open. And I have heard of people successfully getting their replaced by Nintendo even there are very obvious signs of failed modchip attempt.

I'm not encouraging modchips, just stating some facts.

Yea yea whatever... fcukin great sig!! I been laughing for ages :lol:

Thegamerfan said:
dose anyone know where i can see the instalation video of a mod chip "wikey." i Realy need to see hows its done so i can do it
Do you mean a video on how to disassemble a Wii? The modchip install itself is best done by following the picture of the solder points.

I saw an online video that did the mod chip installation in 10min or so. Once I found it back, I'll put the link here. Stay tune.

Update:
I found in another forum that the video has been blocked by youtube. Sorry guys.

Last edited:
wow you guys helped the hell outa me!! thankx!

i got another question, i got a jap.wii and i wana know if i could update my firmware VIA internet, or do i have to burn them to cd's every time a up data comes?, and if any one has a jap wii and know how too work it plz pm or eamil or post.

Back