Wii-Mote Charger

RedSteel91

MaddenWii07
Sep 25, 2006
ing%20concept%20dock%20revolution%20mando-thumb.jpg

that is an ign mock up stop posting it yes there will be a wiimote charger using a third party device when i see one i will post it after verifiing that it is real for now i will just use rechargeable batteries with an external charger

Why Would it be Fake? Its for sure there is going to be a charger for the remote so why not that one?

This was posted quite some time ago and it's obviously fake. It looks like an iPod dock and even the big square recharging plug is just like the iPod's recharger. However, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar comes out; maybe the wiimote would be layed upon the surface horizontally rather than vertically so it won't fall and break.

nintendo hasnt said anything about recharacable batteries. you can use rechargabe batteries but you must buy them yourselves and use your own batterie charger for them.

First that is obviously drawn or CG, second Nintendo has already stated there will be NO CHARGING through the bottom expansion port so any rechargeable option would plug right into where the batteries go, most likely someone will announce one shortly after I explain how easy it will be. They just have to make a rechargeable battery pack the fits into the slot and have its own cover with a hole/port for the connection, plug in the charger and have it direct connect to the battery pack and then you bypass the expansion port that has been confirmed not to allow recharging.

I think a power plug for recharging would just be and ugly hole, and would make the controller look / feel less smooth and clean. The only true option is to release the controllers with rechargable batteries, and supply us all with a free Nintendo battery charger, external. That'd be nice. As it is I have a battery recharger in my room which takes 4AAs. So I could happily charge two Wii-Motes while I sleep.

I have no idea why Nintendo would not license a Wii-Mote charger, as personally I think it's a stupid idea not to include it. Think about how many batteries you will go through with all the use of your Wii, and batteries are not cheap. I am aware some of us do have battery rechargers (I got one for my digital camera's AA Batteries).

They should make a docking station, it'll make things alot easier for all the gamers, because the last thing any of us want is to be halfway through Red Steel about to slam some boss and then we hear some weird beeping from the Wii-Mote, letting us know the battery is about to die... NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Docking station please.

I remember reading somewhere that the wiimote can run on alcalines for over 50 hours so using a standard 4xAA charger with two sets of batteries is much more convinient, you don't need to stop playing to recharge to battery just swap the AA:s with the ones in the charger and your back on the tennis court in no time.

Flip said:
I think a power plug for recharging would just be and ugly hole, and would make the controller look / feel less smooth and clean. The only true option is to release the controllers with rechargable batteries, and supply us all with a free Nintendo battery charger, external. That'd be nice. As it is I have a battery recharger in my room which takes 4AAs. So I could happily charge two Wii-Motes while I sleep.

I don't nessacerrily agree that it would be an ugly hole, as it wouldn't be any different from the charging port on a mobile phone or the port underneath an iPod.

I do like your idea about it being released with rechargable batteries + a charger, just like how the DS came with a charger (but I bought a docking station anyway :p).

What would also be sweet is if the Wii-Mote had some sort of power indicator on it, which showed you how much battery life you had left. I'd be pretty annoyed if it died halfway through a desicive battle :mad5:

I think Nintendo said the lights near the bottom of the wiimote, the ones that tell whether you are player 1 or 2 or 3 or 4, will change to an amber color and then a red when the batteries are really getting low.

Think about this more, I think someone will definitly release a wiimote with a charger pack because Hip Gear made a 12 hour battery pack for the GC Wavebird wireless controller.

Last edited:
Back