Wii-Mote Drainage?

Spitfire_K

Pwn'n n00bs since 1989
Nov 4, 2006
Missouri
Wii Online Code
0908-1940-6799-6591
Okay, this was weird. I decide to pop in Wii Sports last night and play a game of tennis. When it starts up, I get this "Check your batteries at the home page, cause they are low" thing. And I was like WTF, it's down to one bar?! I had played Wii Sports the night before and I specifically remember checking the status of the batteries, and they were full.

Has anyone else had this sudden drainage? I kinda wanna blame the batteries, cause they are the cheap Maxell ones that came with it, but I dunno.:confused:

Maybe the bar only starts to go down when you get right to the end of the battery? Like the DS, the light only goes red for the last hour or so, though the batteries should last about 15 hrs. How long have you used them altogether?

the stock batteries are crap. they died in about 15 hrs of play in zelda (with about 3-4 hrs of Wii sports also being played so actualy about 18-19 hrs). get some Energizer E2 batteries. i put them in a while ago and they still have full charge (took me 42 hrs to beat zelda. i put them in the controller around my 15th hr into it.)

Yeah I used em for about 15 hours, It was just wierd for me since they went from being full one night to almost empty the next. And I know they drop like normal, one bar at a time.

I have the same problem ive alread went through 5 pairs of bateries i think nintendo did this because they want us to buy the regargible remote coming soon

Bubbagump said:
I have the same problem ive alread went through 5 pairs of bateries i think nintendo did this because they want us to buy the regargible remote coming soon
Why buy a rechargeable remote when you have rechargeable batteries? Well, I do anyways. :smilewinkgrin:

yea mine went low after about 15 hrs of gameplay with em too. i think its jus the battery life.

I've had over 50 hours of playtime with the first set of batteries, so I don't know why so many people are having so many problems with them. Are you making sure you're not storing the wiimote face-down or against something that's pushing a button all night?

Back