Wii-Mote Malfunction

El Jefe

Wii-Man
Jan 8, 2007
Iowa
Wii Online Code
8349-6458-1513-1947
I was browsing the internet, and decided I wanted to play Sonic, so I tried to go to the Wii menu, and the Wii froze. I held the power button down till it turned completely off, and when I turned it on,my Wii-Mote lost signal after a couple minutes. I'd push a button, and the four bluelights would blink for a while then turn off. Thought maybe the batteries died, and I wasn't around for the low battery warning, (people have been using my Wii while I'm at work). So I put in new batteries. Didn't do anything. It works now after 15 mintues of unpluggin things. Has anyone had this problem too? Any quicker remedies youcan help me with?

Happened to me too when playing red steel the game crashed and when I restarted I couldnt get my 'mote to connect to the Wii. I unplugged everything, left it to cool down for 30 mins, came back synced the mote and carried on playing :)

You should do this:

Turn off everything, and push the A button on the Wiimote, if the 4 leds blue lights flash, then it has 100% battery, if only 3 leds = 75%, 2 leds = 50 % etc.

If it is not the batteries, then unplug everything, then after at least 5 minutes, plug everything up again, if the wiimote is still with problems, hold down the sync button on the console for 15 seconds, then turn it off again, turn it on, hold down the sync button in the console and wiimote 15 seconds more and then start playing.

Back