wii mote not shooting straight

2ballscrewball

WiiChat Member
Jan 4, 2007
My wii mote doesent point straight. If I hold it and looked straightdown the top of it, it would be pointing 6 inches higher then the aiming point.

If there was a gun to put the Wii mote in, mine would not shoot straight.

Is everyones like this or does mine need to be calibrated?

Can you calibrate the Wii Mote so it points straighter?

It's normal. Just don't be OCD about it and you'll never know the difference. Sometimes if you switch the placement of the sensor bar, it becomes less noticable (depending on your screen size)

I playing it on a 36 inch tube tv. The left and right is perfect.

top to bottom, I don't know seems like it should be right on.

Maybe your sensor bar is on a slanted top of the TV try moving it to the bottom and change the settings too

Brock

Yeah got the same problem here. There must be away of calibrating these things.

Keep posted.

It all depends if your standing vs. sitting, if the bar is above or below the TV and what you selected when you set up your Wii. Play around with these to see what works best. Mine is perfect when I play Call of Duty 3.

The same thing happened to me.
Call the Nintendo help line and they'll walk you through it.
You have to like hit the Wii Mote with the palm of your hand at the home button. It sounds odd, but works.

blueradio said:
You have to like hit the Wii Mote with the palm of your hand at the home button. It sounds odd, but works.

Nintendo actually told you to do that?

What, does it knock some pointer sensor thingy forward resulting in it pointing downwards a little bit more?

try putting the sensor bar on top of your tv
and in zelda i know that you can calibrate it so that it can go lower or higher using the d-pad in the settings

ive had the same problem its cause ur sensor is tilted too far one way and ur not siting directly infront of the sensor

blueradio said:

There's no way they told you to do that. You're kidding, right?

HauntingTheHoly said:
There's no way they told you to do that. You're kidding, right?
I've heard of many people being told that "Ok now spank the Wii controller on the bottom"

well thats some odd technical support

"yeah just hit it..."

anyway back to the original question, looking where the wii is pointing isnt gonna do you any favours.

the pointer is calculated from the sensor bar remember, not the tv screen. depending on where you have the sensor bar (above or below, you need to tell the wii where it is in the settings, then it will be closer)

like other people said, depending on how close you are to the tv makes a difference along with this choice

Back