Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii-mote speaker

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by The_Mitch, Nov 21, 2006.

1. The_Mitch

The_Mitch UNACCEPTABLE

Wii Friend Code: 2025-2025-2025-2025
    2025-2025-2025-2025
    does anyone elses wii-motes speakers crackle? every so offten, my wiimote will produce a crackle sound instead of the shound its suppost to (like pulling back the bow string or swinging the sword). i just wanna know if anyone else has this problem

2. Cabe

Cabe Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 2836-6898-4933-5432
    2836-6898-4933-5432
    I'd imagine its to do with the size of the speaker. Small speakers are not very good for loud or low frequency sounds

3. NiGhTsCr3eN

NiGhTsCr3eN WiiChat Member

I have the same problem with my wiimote right now but it is to specifice moves in zelda like you said, but not sure if it went away but for sure its annoying that it does that it just stoped making the noise now maybe because the remote is new.

4. COLDshiver

COLDshiver Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 4532-8683-6668-7765
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    That's odd. None of my 4 wiimotes crackle or maybe i might have missed it.

5. avatar2007

All I know is that my wiimote is LOUD!, I want to turn it down sometimes. Or maybe it because I don't have no one talking around while playing, but it's still very loud.

6. Wiiboy93

Wiiboy93 Proud Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 7776-3616-3352-5689
    7776-3616-3352-5689
    Mine is pretty loud to but I pretty much got used to it

7. SuperH

SuperH WiiChat Member

You can turn it down in games. Check your options.

8. komio

komio Komio-Wii

Wii Friend Code: 5990-7343-4893-9015
    5990-7343-4893-9015
    i lowered the volume on my wiimote speaker and it works just fine and i can hear it the same except it doesnt cackle everytime i hit the ball in tennis and all that, probably try that, when you are playing the game hit the home button and on the right there should be an option for wiimote options

9. Doktorpee

Doktorpee WiiChat Member

No, I'm having problems too - just lowered it do 2-3 bars, and I can hear the crackles still. Worth contacting Nintendo about it? I've searched eveywhere online to see if anyone else has the same issues...anyone else?

10. Spirit

Spirit WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2933-4212-3707-5538
    2933-4212-3707-5538
    To turn down the volume on the wii remote speakers push the home button and click on the bottom bar for remote settings

11. jowii

jowii Neurological Phenomenon

crackles

Yeah i have definitely heard my wiimote speaker crackle once or twice. It usually has happened when I am impatiently hitting A to skip a "don't hit your friends with the wiimote" warning screen while its loading a game so that might have something to do with it.

12. Redan499

Redan499 Banned

Wii Friend Code: 0213-2291-6794-7610
    0213-2291-6794-7610
    Mine used to crackle A LOT, so I went into the remote options and turned it down 2 bars, now it doesn't make any weird crackles or pops.

13. Doktorpee

Doktorpee WiiChat Member

Man, practically all the sounds in the Zelda game, coming from the wii-mote is crackily. Im trying to ignore it, and to be honest, it doesnt ruin anything. But now that I know its there...its really annoying me. What to do...! I've just emailed Nintendo...lets see..

14. Doktorpee

Doktorpee WiiChat Member

I've turned it down to 2 as well but no luck...

15. Master Wii

Master Wii Master of the Wii

Glad I found this thread because I was going to start one with the same topic.

I have the same problem with my Wiimotes. Almost seems as though the speakers are blown and now continue to "crackle" when sounds come from them.

16. Jenova

Jenova Final Distance

Wii Friend Code: 8507-9443-5099-4224
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    Yes, I get that too. I kept feeling like my obsession of playing the Wii was causing it to... DIEZ! ;_;

17. druid

druid WiiChat Member

I've had that problem playing Zelda!! The remote just started crackling
    and cutting out!! I took it back to the store and the new replacement remote did the same thing. Next I tried a brand new nunchuk connected to the Wii remote to see if that was the problem and still crackling!! Finally I tried a third brand new controller and now everything's normal - I hope it stays that way!!!

I looked at Nintendo's customer service pages on their website - they say
    that crackling can occur if batteries are swapped 'too quickly'. They suggest taking batteries out waiting for 1 minute then re-inserting them. They then say if problem persists the remote may need repairing! Unfortunately, I did not know about the battery swapping thing until after I'd taken the remote back to the store.

Well my original remote was used for no more than 15 hours, the batteries had never been out since they were first put in, and it started crackling!

I hope I'm wrong but could there be a fault amongst the Wii remotes?
    I've had probably 15 Nintendo consoles of various shapes and sizes over the last 15 or so years and never had a problem with the hardware.

Has anyone else had a problem with crackling speakers on their Wii remotes?

18. komio

komio Komio-Wii

Wii Friend Code: 5990-7343-4893-9015
    5990-7343-4893-9015
    its because the speakers that they used in the wiimotes probably wasnt the best of quality, simmilar thing happens to some big 3 dollar speakers i bought for my ipod haha... oh well, i turned it down to 2 bars and its fine still :p

19. druid

druid WiiChat Member

If true, the use of cheap speakers is no excuse. If there is a problem with the Wii remote speaker then Nintendo have a whole heap of trouble as I for one won't rest until the problem is solved. The speaker cutting out is totally detracting from my game playing experience as without sound the sword, boomerang, bow and sling shot seem somehow lifeless. This is because the majority of the sounds generated by these weapons and items comes from the remote speaker. Using the slingshot without sound sucks!!!

However, I have faith in Nintendo to sort the problem out with subsequent batches of remotes. But we as the consumers must tell Nintendo of the problem, so everyone with crackling remotes should definitely email Nintendo and ask them what they intend to do about it.

20. Doktorpee

Doktorpee WiiChat Member

OK, strangely, my wii-mote is working fine (well, I think its fine!) - I'm not sure whether it was just taking time (even though that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever).

I would recommend this; turn the volume off totally, leave it for a couple of days and gradually (one or two bars) increase it...it did the job for me.

Keep everyone posted? Cheers.