Wii-mote speaker

Joe said:
Mine does it too! Its normal....

No way is it normal! I'm sure Miyamoto never intended the speaker to crackle or stop working in the middle of a boss fight in Zelda!!

I have contacted Nintendo UK via email and I'll post their reply on here.

Everyone who has this problem MUST email Nintendo. How can they
ensure that the problem is rectified if we don't tell them we have a problem?

Interference

Actually, I bet a lot of you are experiencing wireless interference rather than a blown speaker. My sound cuts out and crackles later in the evening sometimes, but other times works flawlessly. I noticed that if I held the wiimote right next to the Wii unit, the sound would always work fine without crackling.

I haven't identified the source of my interference yet, but it seems to happen only at certain times of day, and only really effects the audio played over my wiimote. Perhaps the audio is sent over a different channel than the movement information.

I haven't found any information online yet that says what frequencies the wiimote uses. If any of you know, that would be helpful in my troubleshooting.

Oh, and sometimes it helps if I change the batteries. The Nintendo site said that sometimes audio problems can happen if you change the batteries too quickly. They recommend leaving them out for a minute.

gmdan said:
dude just while playing click home and then put remote options and lower the volume...

That I have tried - it still crackles and I have three remotes all of which do the same.

dude, I took my wiimote apart and replaced the speaker with my own custom made diaphragm. The nintendo one uses cheap plastic, I took a real vintage celestion speaker and cut out my own mini speaker parts for my wiimotes. I turn them up loud and they ALWAYS sound awesome. I will email you some pics of how to do it if you want.

Faulty speaker - told by Nintendo i may have to wait until February for replacement

I contacted Nintendo UK and I was told by the Customer Service guy
that because the crackling had occurred on three different remotes that there may be a fault with the Wii console itself.

He said I should send it to their repair centre. When asked when I could expect a verdict and possible replacement, he said I might have to wait until February!!!!

Thanks a lot Nintendo!!! I have only had my Wii for a week. I Preorded it 3 months before launch and got it on launch day, but I will have to wait for 6 more weeks for one which actually works!! Good to see I'm being treated like a loyal customer.

Guys, anyone with a faulty Wii get in contact with Nintendo! Don't let them get away with shoddy customer service!

Deathmetalmaster said:
dude, I took my wiimote apart and replaced the speaker with my own custom made diaphragm. The nintendo one uses cheap plastic, I took a real vintage celestion speaker and cut out my own mini speaker parts for my wiimotes. I turn them up loud and they ALWAYS sound awesome. I will email you some pics of how to do it if you want.

Dude that sounds WICKED!!!!!
Ironic how Nintendo can't do it right, but you can get those remotes singing with some old speaker parts!!!!!

Deathmetalmaster said:

good idea. Could you make a thread about how to do this and what ingredients are needed? or PM/email me please.

I'm not really good with building custom things such as the Wireless sensor bar and stuff so any help with the speakers is appreciated :D

druid said:
I've left them out for TEN minutes - still crackling or no sound.

Did you try holding it right next to the console while using it to see if it's an interference problem?

trebonius said:
Did you try holding it right next to the console while using it to see if it's an interference problem?

I know things like Microwaves and 2.4 Ghz phones can interfere but I think that was for internet, not sure if it would also affect the Wiimote.

i have problems with only one of my wiimote's speaker and ive used it on multiple consoles in multiple areas,including out in the middle of nowhere at my friends house, i am almost sure that nintendo used crappy speakers and they blow out easily

Back