Wii-mote straps - New Solution

Dec 4, 2006
Northern Ireland - Co. Down
Wii Online Code
8263-8201-5467-9061
Saw how the straps were breaking and realised that they are no more that those lanyards you can buy for mobile phones. I spotted a white leather one in The Carphone Warhouse with an extremely fine chain for the loop that attaches to the wii-mote.

That shouldn't break.....right?

i dont see how you can break those straps... do yall use the remote as a lasso or something?

That strap has saved my ass at least once... when playing WiiSports (whether you're swinging a bat, or bowling), it is sometimes easy to accidentally let go of the remote at the end of your swing.

NecroDemonNZXT said:
tbh, i have a sony ericsson leather wrist strap which will fit easily with my first wii-mote :)

wouldnt the wiimote spontaneously combust as a result of the chemical reaction of a sony and nintendo product?

Capt Elmer said:
wouldnt the wiimote spontaneously combust as a result of the chemical reaction of a sony and nintendo product?

Doubtful lol... But Nintendo should release a re-enforced Strap, after it is out worldwide (by the 8th) they might release one.

Capt Elmer said:
no the sony strap would start to figure out the wiimote is getting more attention, then dye itself white and attach a blue light and motion sensor to itself somehow

BlenderWizard said:
That strap has saved my ass at least once... when playing WiiSports (whether you're swinging a bat, or bowling), it is sometimes easy to accidentally let go of the remote at the end of your swing.

same for me, exactly what it is for too, save your ass when you slip up, and i doubt it will break for those occasional slips.

but i think the ones that break are for people (especially nongamers) who swing the crap out of it, and girls

thank nintendos lawyers for the strap i'd bet

also note that you shoud have some slack in the strap, not around your wrist, but between your wrist andthe wiimote, if ya feel its slip, youll grab for it before it fully flys out and maybe snaps, but if its tight and you slip, all the stress will be put into the strap right away

Heres my solution: don't let stupid douche bag dumb****ing idiots use or even touch a wii remote.

Thorgouge said:
Heres my solution: don't let stupid douche bag dumb****ing idiots use or even touch a wii remote.
yeah, I terrified when my one cuz plays, after countless years of throwing a pool cue into my ceiling and breaking lights at bars, im kinda glad he's trying to get his own... I was shivering while he bowled and was giving his wrist whiplash toward my tv with my wiimote

Back