Wii Motion Sensing

infernocs

WiiChat Member
Aug 23, 2006
I was just thinking, if the sensor bar is advanced enough to sense where four wiimotes are at the same time and also sense tilt.
Its totally possible to connect four custom sensors to it that could be made out as gloves and shoes instaid of wiimotes :scared:

Think of it, the sensors for knowing where the wiimote is can´t be that big cause the gyros for tilt detection are quite big, maybe we can see like three motion sensors for ducking and hiding in Red Steel while the wiimote serves as the sword and gun.

How friggin cool would that be :D

Last edited:
Uh... a sensor in every finger and then a tilt sensor through the palm? That would be sorta cool... but awkward! Hey... you could finger ganondorf!

Does the sensor bar recognise the gyroscopes? I thought that it was only for pointing, not for tilting, How is it supposed to recognise tilt when your holding the controller on the side? Its not even going to be pointing towards the sensor bar.

Here's the thing with the Wii that makes me wonder if it's going to work or not.

The game Red Steele you have to pull the remote back to reload,now what happens if you move your arms into a different position,will the game go crazy and do like 10 different actions?

And don't tell me this "pause the game" crap,because with designing a system like this they better have had that in mind at some point.

they could make wrist/ankle band things that connect you the wiimote and you put them on your wrists and ankles. it can be used for games like DDR, you wont need a dance mat and you can use hand movements too!

Im hoping for a microphone of sorts. If the wiimote could recognise your voice similarly to the DS (which works quite well as ive seen from nintendogs) then you could order battalion wars' troops, etc very easily. I would love shouting at my tv.

You could also use this (and the wii-motes' speaker) to communicate with friends on wiiconnect24!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

(just in case people havn't figured it out yet, I have't seen a good explanation yet here)...

The sensor bar transmits to the WiiMote. In layman's terms, it sends out constant signals from various angles that say "I'm over here", which each WiiMote picks up on. This only applies for the pointer, where you must be pointed directly at the screen. The gyros in the WiiMote and Nunchuck send signals back to the system that say "I'm moving left" or "I'm tipping forward", but without the sensor bar, all the WiiMote knows is that it's moving without any knowledge of where the TV is.

To create a glove peripheral from this, all you would have to do is put an IR port (for the sensor bar) in a creative place (say, the point of the index finger), re-route the various buttons to the fingers, and find a place to put the gyro sensors (like in the back side, where they wouldn't interfere with your motion)

Back