Wii movie files

Tjharwin

Resident Evil Fan
Dec 27, 2006
Cambridgeshire, UK
Wii Online Code
1411-7270-4122-1402
Ok, now one thing has really been bugging me ever since I got my Wii. Which movie files work? So far I've tried mpg, avi, mov and mjpeg. All of which do not work. It seems to recognize the MOV and AVI files, however it refuses to play them. It doesn't even recognize the others. :mad2:

Has anybody got videos to actually work yet and if so, please tell me what format your videos are.

I hope Nintendo send out an update soon that makes a bigger variety of videos work. It's weird, in the manual it says MOV and AVI files both work, and although they are recognized by the system, they come up with a question mark instead of a screen shot of the first frame. I just don't know anymore and so I've decided to wait for an update....and wait....and wait.

well i have no idea wat most of that stuff u just said are, but if it helps i went to myspace on my wii and looked on my brothers profile,and he had a danny davito video where he's drunk and it played and the sound worked, the video was from youtube.

scubasteve said:
well i have no idea wat most of that stuff u just said are, but if it helps i went to myspace on my wii and looked on my brothers profile,and he had a danny davito video where he's drunk and it played and the sound worked, the video was from youtube.

I've already played videos on youtube using the Opera web browser, however that is irrelevant to this thread.

I think it plays Quicktime, but I haven't tried. There are people that have got it to work, also there's a converter out there, just can't remember what it's called

The converter is called Wii Video 9. It converts the files to MJEPG or something like that. Quicktime files are also known as MOV which I stated the effects of in my first post. I have seen videos on youtube of people working videos, however I am yet to find one where the person explains the file format.

Not sure, but my sister has a camera and we took the card out and put it in and it played the videos she had on the camera.

ive got my sons dragon ballz videos to work but the sound quailty was horrible becuase of the original copy that i had off the net

Homesrfan said:
Not sure, but my sister has a camera and we took the card out and put it in and it played the videos she had on the camera.

what is the extension files for the vids?

I've heard that it plays so many file formats, I just don't know what to believe anymore...

I will try MP4 but first I need to get a converter. I somehow think that the European Wii and the North American Wii play different video formats...

Back