Wii movie files

iplaywii said:
Haha, why put a converter on the Wii??? Your expecting to much from a GAMING console!

I like to go beyond what the console has to offer lol. I want to take everything I can from the Wii.

Having a converter on a console is pointless. You would need torrent or P2P software on the console aswell to download the actual videos, otherwise there would be nothing to convert.

I finally got my videos to work. So far I've got MJPEG's working which is what Wii Video 9 converts them to. Sadly, I only have a 512MB SD so music videos is what I have to put up with, no episodes or movies.

I sure hope Nintendo send out an update soon...

The quality with Video 9 is brutal. .mov files usually work so your better to convert to .mov with a different program that lets you keep the input resolution. I just bought a digital camera, Panasonic FZ7, and the Wii plays the pics and vids without converting- its very convenient.

strommsarnac said:
Um, the grey channels and settings MANUAL states it only plays .mov (quicktime / motion jpeg) files. Page 22 in case you're wondering.

Are you reading the US manual? Because the European manual cleary specifies that AVI and MOV are supported.

It dosn't matter now, I've finally got videos working with Wii video 9. I think if you tamper with the settings you can get better video quality. Off to forums!

Yep. US version. We don't get a European version of the book in the US.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the different regions. I'm noticing a lot of talk about released games and hardware that's not out in the US yet, but is across the pond.

I converted my movie files to mp4 but they're huge, much too big for a 1GB SD Card. Anyone else have any success with watching large movie files on the Wii?

Mp4

I use PSP video 9, it is the same as the wii version, I converted one of my DVDs to the mp4 format and it played it fine. Basicly just convert your movies to mp4 then burn to disc and it should play them with no problem, I used a 1 gig card one movie (Pirates of Car 2) took up .55gb converted so burning to a disc would be better, but havent tried the disc yet. If anyone has please let me know if it works that way.

dcofty

The mp4s work fine on the Wii from the SD Card but when you convert them they are 5 times the size. A full length movie will not fit on a 1GB card.

I have a 1 Gig card which actually has 947mb when formatted. I just converted the Pirates of the caribbean 2 using PSP video 9 and it was added to the card easily in fact it heres the information on the disk

Size 555MB
Lenght 2:30'40"
Video Codec MPEG-4 448 kbps
Audio Codec AAC 64 kbps

Plays fine no problem. Left 397 on the card

Back