wii music

smokinex

WiiChat Member
Jan 5, 2008
is there anyway to load wii games or music to a sd card n play them on wii? also does wii have a keyboard?

Wii games, no. Music, yes.
Nintendo hasn't yet made a keyboard for the wii, but with the proper updates, you are able to use most USB enabled keyboards.

head over to www.nintendo.com
there is a bit on there about which keyboard you should use, will go look for it now for ya
EDIT:
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/systems/internet_channel_6400.html
^^its on their for ya but will post what it says anyways:
You can also use a USB keyboard with your Wii. Please note that some USB keyboards may not function correctly. Nintendo recommends the Classic Keyboard 200 from Logitech.

Last edited:
I cant really see the use for a keyboard on wii except for the internet channel but there is speculation about nintendo making one

the orb download will allow you to use view/hear most media files present on your computer on your wii system

:wink: Music, yes! Games, not yet! Nintendo is updating Wii merchandise 24/7! I think your best bet is to check Wii websites and see if they hae anything on it! :cool: Best of luck!

I think the game ExciteTruck lets you incorporate your own music files for a custom soundtrack...but I read that a few months back, so I'm not sure if that feature still remains since the game was recently released.

The US version of Excite Truck lets you access music on a SD card. Pretty cool, I wish other games did so but I don't know of any which do.

You'll want to put the SD card in the Wii first so it can create the directories it uses. Than take it and put it in your PC's card reader/writer and copy the MP3s to the music folder. Make sure the names aren't very long otherwise they'll be truncated. I try to keep them below 15 characters, but I'm not sure what the limit is.

The photo album (if you didn't update it!!!!) will also play MP3s. The new version only plays AAC :(

I don't think Excite Truck plays AAC though. I don't have any AAC so I haven't tested it.

oh and about the photo channel update that only plays AAC files, i think you can do a reverse upgrade (downgrade) and restore it to the original photo channel that plays mp3s

hey since you can move games you downloaded off VC on to the SD card couldn't you upload those files onto your pc then onto the web?

i dont have a wii (yet.. its on its way now though =D) but is there like a music channel to listen to your music or how does that work because i havnt seen any info on that

gagnerants said:
hey since you can move games you downloaded off VC on to the SD card couldn't you upload those files onto your pc then onto the web?

:yikes: Um, that would be piracy. You know, ILLEGAL. Stuff we don't condone or talk about here.

Anyways, yes you can move your VC games off onto a SD card. However, they will only run on YOUR console and only from the console's internal storage, not off the SD card.

So really the only purpose of the SD card for VC games is as a backup medium.

ok cause I got to thinking for a second that if you can move the games to the SD card whats stoping people from uploading those games onto bit torrent or uploading there save files for people to download

hotsammysl said:
i dont have a wii (yet.. its on its way now though =D) but is there like a music channel to listen to your music or how does that work because i havnt seen any info on that
No, you listen to it through a special converted format (.AAC) and you use the Photo channel.

Cleofis336 said:
oh and about the photo channel update that only plays AAC files, i think you can do a reverse upgrade (downgrade) and restore it to the original photo channel that plays mp3s

how do you actually downgrade it the photo channel

ALSO does the wii play WMA files?

Last edited:
Back