Wii Name Change

no one even makes jokes on it anymore. even my friends when they ask whats a wii, they dont even mention any inmature jokes, but of course, the jokes ARE funny if you dont intend them like..anti the name

Big_Mill said:
As if 200000 complaints and some very early bashing on the internet would make them change the name. Pointless stupid rumour.
Yeah but i bet most 200.000 have probly ajusted to the name

Dought they change it now though ( ok you call all laugh at this questiom maybe im just stupid but0 What does Wii Actuly stand for?!? lol

Dought they wont change it now though ( ok you can all laugh at this question maybe im just stupid but) What does Wii Actully stand for?!? lol

Demon Slayer said:
Dought they wont change it now though ( ok you can all laugh at this question maybe im just stupid but) What does Wii Actully stand for?!? lol

The Name Wii Stands for (We) as in We like to play with the Wii System.

if anything, i think they should change it back to revolution, but wii is fine with me

i am a little afraid of asking my friends "hey you wanna go to my house and play with my wii"

Stick with Wii. It's short, easy to remember, has a... tasteful marketting campaign possibility (e.g. A kid in a commercial yelling "I PLAY WITH MY WII!" how could you go wrong?) it's unique just like the console, they had reasons (though corny) for choosing the Wii as stated on their site.

Plus it's the fact that if a simple name turns you away from a product, you must be mentally retarded.

Edit: One of the reasons why they changed it from Revolution is because the word is very hard for Japanese customers to say.

I'm not saying that's the only reason, but Miyamoto took that into great consideration at when deciding the name change.

Last edited:
What about the French people? They would go in and ask for a "Yes" ? Hmmmm.... I like the name Wii anyway. The shear number of puns and jokes make it even more enjoyable. And I agree that if you don't like it because of the name, you have some serious issues.

I was skeptical at first, but good ol' nintendo pulled it off and made it one of the most awaited consoles for this generation (ever? quite possibly).

Back