Wii 'net connection

whatsagoodname

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2007
Canada
My router is a D-Link, when I search access points I find a dlink but it is locked. If it is mine how do I unlock it? I posted it here because it is a custom question and requires a custom answer. Thank-you if you reply, and have any other questions too, just ask me or PM...;)

Hey Whatsagoodname. I to have a DLINK router (DI-624) an have found it works great. If you're seeing it as locked on your Wii check your encryption settings for your WIFI either on the Wii (enter in all the passwords etc.) or if that fails, on the router itself (default is 192.168.0.1 in your web browser). I found setting it to channal 11 and making sure it is broadcasting in both g and b modes helps.

Let me know how you go with it. I'll check back later.

whatsagoodname said:
How do I check? And what passwords???:eek:
usualy theres a website you go to, and it maintains your router. you probably have a WEP code on there. the code will be on your router maintnence prog, be it online or on a program. my netgear one is online.

I own a linksys, and when i want to get into option i open up firefox and type in 192.168.1.1 to access the router, then when it asks for a username and password, both are admin which is the default name and password. Im not too sure if it'll be the same for you.

For DLINK the address in your web browser should be 192.168.0.1 and the User name is admin and leave the password field blank (These are the default settings).

Use WAP encryption if your in a residential area - WEP is too easy to hack.

I am not computer saavy, and I MEAN IT! I have no clue what you guys are saying... So could you, you know.. dumb it down into simpler steps so an idiot like me understands...
-Router is a DSL-300G
You could always PM me...
:sad:
Also I tried typing in the Ip in the browser.......=Cannot find server...
Anyone going to help, cold hearted people!:prrr:

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back