Wii no Ma

madbeanman

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
The Wii is finally getting a video service, in Japan at least. Tomorrow (May 1st) marks the release of the Wii no Ma channel. And its certainly not traditional

*Intended to be a virtual living room experience where time passes in real time
*up to eight Miis can be registered on the channel and it requires information about each ( Including blood type )
* A calender on the wall changes image every day
*If you click on a plant it takes you to a page where you can download info about Nintendos patrner companies products, and register an address to have them send samples to your house.
* If you click on the TV you can download videos. The company says output will be light at first but will be beefed up in the future.
* Videos can be streamed to your Dsi via a downloadable app and coupons can be downloaded from partners to be used in store.
* Also ( and way most cool of all in my opinion) is that celebrity Miis will arrive in your living room at special times to deliver special programming to you.

And there is the available info. I think it sounds pretty cool. definetly different and smells of nintendo.

Last edited:
Yeah but its still pretty crap.

Meanwhile Sony released what is pretty much an inbuilt tuner for the PS3, that lets you use it as a full media centre, to set and record digital TV.

is this just in japan?
like is it on the wii shop channel. cause i saw this thread.
and i thought wow a new channel and i went to my wii to check it out. but no channel
so im guessing its only in japan.
D=

Yeah but its still pretty crap.

Meanwhile Sony released what is pretty much an inbuilt tuner for the PS3, that lets you use it as a full media centre, to set and record digital TV.

For the Wii it is quite an advancement over most of the other channels currently available.

Considering that the PS3 was marketed as being a full media centre from the start and carrys a price tag to reflect it I don't find Sony releasing a tuner that impressive now.

The price difference is only like $190Aus now. Thats like buying a Wii, and two full controllers.

But I spose good point, most of the other channels were pointless.

Back