Wii not reading discs and weird beeping

Enhancer

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2011
A place
Hi, some hapless no-gooders have done untold damage to my precious wii. What happens is that the menu boots up fine, but when I insert a disc all I get is a lot of beeping, until the disc drive slows to a halt. I get no error messages at all. Have tried several discs, so its not them causing the trouble. What do you think, is it the laser or the drive itself that is at fault? All of this started after some fools had a party :/

Laser might be the issue

Sounds like it might be the laser. You can get a new one for around $10. You'll need a tri wing screwdriver to get the wii apart but the replacement is actually pretty simple. You can get the tri wing screwdriver at http://nintendoscrewdriver.com. Use coupon code: mariokart to save 15%. Also, the shipping is free.

Ok, new laser ordered. By the sounds it makes it seems that as soon as the laser starts tracking the beeping begins. Thanks.

Ok, that didnt work

Replaced the laser, unsoldered the spot on the new laser`s cable, and reassembled it. Now the beeping is gone, but when the disc spins up it sounds like the laser cant track properly. Alot of bzzzz bzzzz with the disc accelerating and slowing down. Finally an error message appears, telling me to consult the wii manual. Wth? :sick:

Back