Wii Not Reading Disc's

jackf1337

WiiChat Member
Jul 6, 2011
UK
Okay, so this is quite a common problem I'm assuming.

I was playing FIFA on my Wii earlier, when it suddenly stopped and told me to eject the disc and remove the power supply (something along those lines).

Anyway, I rebooted, started okay, almost got into playing a game, then the same happened.

Ever since this has happened I haven't been able to play because of the same error, none of my games are recognised (all are in good condition)

I have a disc cleaning disc, which I used in the disc drive. This helped a little as the game was then recognised, but soon after I got the error message.

Has anyone else managed to fix this problem themselves? We've only had the Wii about 18 months :(

hmmmi had a similar problem except only my brawl disk did not worki sent it backnto nintendo and they repaired it

Last edited:
Hmm, this is the second time I've seen this problem in the past few days... That's unfortunate. :(

If your disks aren't at fault, the prime suspect would be the Wii's "eye", which reads the disc, could be out of place. The following thread details the problem, as well as a few other issues that make afflict your Wii thoroughly. Take a look and I wouldn't doubt it'd help ya, or at the very least give you a better idea of what's wrong with your console.

http://www.wiichat.com/forum/nintendo-wii-hardware/59025-unable-read-disc.html

I tried hoovering the fan grill and disc drive today... Didn't work. Really don't know what else to try.

Back