Wii occasionally won't load discs

FRuMMaGe

Waluigi's #1 Fan!
Dec 18, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
2482-6460-3144-9934
I've had a recurring problem with my Wii for about 6 months now.

I click the disc channel and about 1 time out of 3 the screen will go black and the controller will disconnect. The only way to turn it off is to hold down the power button or disconnect it from the wall.

Some of you will say things such as:

"silly frumage, its because u modded ur wii lol :crazy:"

But this was happening WAY before I even opened my Wii up.

No it happens to me as well sometimes, for all the channels, or it freezes for some reason as well. It doesn't happen all the time, so it should be alright. Till then I won't send it in for a fix or get a new one.

CantGetAWii said:
No it happens to me as well sometimes, for all the channels, or it freezes for some reason as well. It doesn't happen all the time, so it should be alright. Till then I won't send it in for a fix or get a new one.
I don't know if it happens on the other channels as well, I never use any of them.

Also, if I leave it on the black screen for about 20 minutes, sometimes it loads.

My Wii says that there's a disc error and to turn off console and re-insert disc. Also sometimes when i click the disc channel the 2 disc will keep spinning as if there is no disc in the console.

Axel16 said:
My Wii says that there's a disc error and to turn off console and re-insert disc. Also sometimes when i click the disc channel the 2 disc will keep spinning as if there is no disc in the console.
Different problem. Sounds more serious than mine.

Does it always get an error or only sometimes?
toomstone said:
never happens to me ... droped it a few times?
Never dropped.

I've gutted it a few times, but it was doing this before that.

Back