Wii on Bus Trip

Wiily Good

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2006
Australia
I am shortly travelling to Brisbane by bus (yes, I know, why not fly but it is out of my control) and it is a 14-15 hrs overnight trip. I am planning on taking my Wii with me but I'm not sure whether or not the bus trip will damage the Wii. It will be sitting in the luggage compartment of a modern (in fact brand spankin' new) coach for 14-15 hrs. The compartment will be quite tightly packed so I don't know if my bag will be jolted around a lot.

I was also wondering if I leave a game in my Wii's disc slot (which I am also planning to do, please don't ask me to explain, it's a long story) for the 14 hr trip will any damage be caused to my Wii or the Game Disc.

I appreciate any comments on this as I am leaving on Monday night.

Well, the Wii should survive it... as long as pack it up a bit.

But i wouldn't leave the game in the Wii... Even though it's a nighttrip, it usually is quite warm in there. And when the wii is warm and the disc is hot and the disc melts in the wii and causes a giant explosion... okay, last part wasn't too realistic :l

can you take it carry on? also i wouldnt leave a game in the slot, i left a CD in my stereo when i moved and the cd fell out of its tray and spent the rest of its days trapped in my stereo,not sure if this would happen with the wii but i wouldnt risk it,maybe wrap your wii up woth foam or clothes or sumthing and put it into a solid suitcase or briefcase if possible.

Matt's_A_Bluebird said:
Hehe yeah this one time I played AOE for like a day lol and it jus smashed in the drive, we had to vacuum out the little shards of disk!
have had that happen burning playstation games (cool boarders 2 lol ) had to vaccum and pick up HD and shake all the bits out.

heres a picture of a nice solid carry breifcase set up:
carrybag.jpg

No offense but what does that have to do with anything? Also, I doubt anything would happen to your wii or you game, but if you can put it nessled up tightly in a back-pack and take it on with you. That would be the better option. Also, how long are you going to be up at Brissie?

yeah but if you tried to take it on a buss they mite pull u up and check it for drugs or cash or a bomb or sumthing, still i thought that case was wikid, mite make one for when i take mite to my mates and have to carry it home pissed, at least then it wont matter as much if i drag it along the ground lol

A wii briefcase..
lol
Thats nuts... Although wii remote would be a handy gizmo for presentations!?

Thanks everyone, I can't take it on as hand luggage but I have a Wii messenger bag where everything is close packed together and if I put that in the middle of my suitcase with clothes packed all around it, it should be all right. I will take the disc out as well, I don't want to cause any damage.

if i were you i would wrap it in like 3 layers of bubble wrap, the place come soft tissues around it....just to be safe. The wii more should be fine, jolted of not. But make sure you wrap up the sensor bar tight and good....its fragile.

Don't worry I took mine on a plane 3 times already and it's fine

Hey i recently went on a trip for school which was about 5 hours and my friend( who cant realli take care of anything) brought his 360 and wii in the same bag and they both came out perfectly fine...what you should do it pack it between clothes so its got cushion and pack everything else alone and if u dont wanna put the games bring a back pack on the bus as a carry on thats what i did when i brought my stuff...

I agree with the "pack it in with clothes" suggestion as well as the bubble wrap. My friend and I travelled 5 hours by car and all he did was wrap it in a couple of layers of bubble wrap, and put it into a backpack.

Good decision on not leaving the game in there.

Back