Wii on computer moniter... Help? (Distortion question)

IshyIsh

^_^
Jan 14, 2007
Yea I'm new, I might bother to give myself a signature and avatar and what not. So I have a question... My mom wants her TV back because I kinda stole it from her when I got the Wii and put the TV in my room. Anyways she wants the TV back so she can watch it while exercising, yea new year's resolution what ever (we'll see how long it lasts)... So I was thinking about hooking my Wii into my monitor. I was going to use some 480p cables for the wii and then convert the signal into DVI or w/e my monitor uses. So my question is how much will the image be distorted? Because naturally my monitor doesn't run at a 480p resolution... My monitor is an IBM p260 with a native resolution of 1920x1440. Will the resolution be "usable" or "look like feck" or "the 480p would be wasted by the distortion." I just need some input to see what my options are, it's the monitor or a new TV... Thanks in advance for anyone who says something helpful :D

is it even possible to conect the wii up to a computor screen?, as i have got a flat screen sitting on my desk not doing anything, and it would be much better if i could conect my wii up to that, but so far i havent seen any cables or conectors able to conect the wii up to a monitor

where would i be able to get one of these wires/adaptors (in the uk)?

Poke around on newegg or google. more then likely you can do it, just need some converter cables. I'm thinking about doing the same thing.

i have tryed, the only cables i come accros for the wii are the ones for hdtv's

I know it's possible, and I have already found the parts to do it. I just want to know what the picture will look like after being converted upscaled and downscaled so much ect. If anyone has an idea of what the picture will look like let me know... I don't know enough about displays and resolutions to know what it will look like. Thanks in advance :)

i wanna do the same thing as you, cept with my projector and with EDTV enabled.

i researched this as much as i could. it will do the job. im tryin to buy a vga box off ebay myself to test it out and post my findings

HOWEVER, it will definitly look better then composite on a tv, but since it is a switch/box/adapter, i cant garentee a "pure/strict/100%" component image. u wont be downscaling anything tho, as far as im concerned, regardless of switch's.

anyways if your still unsure, ill probably have one of these Box's within the next month (hopefully). And hopefully it works fine so i can post my findings on the conversion issue. if you get any kidna downscale conversion issue, itll be like a 1-5% loss at most which is still way better then composite. + monitor's have alot of DPI compared to TV's, it should look really sweet.

Last edited:
Back