Wii on laptop?

wager1

WiiChat Member
Jun 5, 2007
Hey

I was just wondering if it would some how be possible to use my laptop's (mac book) screen in order to play on my nintendo wii? I'm going to be going to university soon and will most likely not have a tv but definitely my laptop. Would be great to play wii while i'm there... any solutions?

thanks in advance

intel...i have xp installed too if that helps.

Yes it is possible. You will need some kind of video capturing software though. I have a USB TV card and that works fine. Quality aint great but it works.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. Could you post any links?

Dscaler is a program that you normally use to convert a low resolution image (say a dvd player) to a high resolution image (say your LCD TV) with amazing results. Usually you would big bucks to buy an external box to do the same thing.

Support for USB and PCMCIA is somewhat spotty but from what I can tell on the user support forums there are quite a few people using the AVERTV PCMCIA.

You might be able to find another video capture device but the reason I suggest Dscaler is that it is highly optimized for the lowest lag and highest quality image. http://www.dscaler.org/about.htm

I am still waiting for the v-box review. It provides a direct link between the Wii and a WinXP system with USB2.0 port.

Back