Wii online coming June 25th (or close to it)

nic7

Wiichat Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iowa, America
Wii Online Code
8853-1952-9704-6115
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=11634

If you click on it you will see that they officially announce pokemon battle revolution online for the wii. a little farther down you will see some release dates

2 key ones:

Mario Party 8: May 29th
Pokemon Battle Revolution: June 25th

I cant guarentee the authenticy of this article 100% but its from the nintendo press room, so its probly pretty reliable

P.S. Brawl is obviously not on the list so people can quit saying that game will be out in june...

Last edited:
i feel like if nintendo couldn't have applied online gaming services, they should have release the wii later. instead of this months and months of waiting. the wii has to much potential for that. Nintendo needs to hurry up take over things completely in the gaming world

nic7 said:
http://press.nintendo.com/articles.jsp?id=11634

If you click on it you will see that they officially announce pokemon battle revolution online for the wii. a little farther down you will see some release dates

2 key ones:

Mario Party 8: May 29th
Pokemon Battle Revolution: June 25th

I cant guarentee the authenticy of this article 100% but its from the nintendo press room, so its probly pretty reliable

P.S. Brawl is obviously not on the list so people can quit saying that game will be out in june...

Thats sounds cool, I can't wait for Mario Party, I probably won't get Pokemon but at least online gamings are starting to be released

i've been with pokemon since day one, and AMAZINGLY i still can't get enough of it! I'm definitely getting Pokemon Battle, especially since you can just communicate with DS through Wifi and use your pokemon from Diamond and Silver, which I'm also getting.

Diamond and Silver is cool, because thanks to the gba slot in the DS you can simply port over your pokemon from ruby/sapphire/emerald! None of that re-catching crap. Just go straight on to the new ones!

I hate to be this way because I love my Wii to a certain extent, but who really cares about their online when you have to deal with friend codes? I've been drooling more and more over the xbox live stuff, and I want to stay with Nintendo, but they better figure out real online play and fast.

i think online play will be optional. whether you use friend codes or not because they are taking pretty long. So i'm guessin it will be something worth waitng for. i feel your blizzo. I think nintendo will come thru with a boom. They cant be taking long and still make it suck.

hotpotato78 said:
i feel like if nintendo couldn't have applied online gaming services, they should have release the wii later. instead of this months and months of waiting. the wii has to much potential for that. Nintendo needs to hurry up take over things completely in the gaming world

While I agree that Nintendo needs to hurry up, I don't see why Nintendo should have released the Wii later and given the PS3 a lead. The Wii launched at a good time, but Nintendo's being painfully slow about this (not that I care).

Im pissed that Dragon Quest has no release date yet, I mean WTF? It was suppose to be out in November and now I'll have to wait even longer? Why was Mortal Combat pushed back (for gods shake its a port)
Next why is Mortal Combat not online, it was suppose to be.

Also as you can see Metriod wont even be out to July, and what about Project H.A.M.M.E.R? Looks like Nintendo is puching back games again, great:nonod:

well, online is online. I am happy with it. yes you need friend codes, but its not that hard. We just get each others codes, it is annoying but online is going to be sweet. Finally a release date! so online play is coming by june. So, unfortunatley, no ssbb, Smg or Mario strikers charged until the summer or later. ( the article says the games listed are for april, may, june).. I hope they release a game when summer starts. Pokemon, i dont really care about. I really would like to see Mario strikers, to come out, play it online and that will hold me until SSBB. But i am happy to hear of a somewhat release date for online. even though there will be only 1 game online, i am sure nintendo knows, that they can wait more then a few months to release another online game... They must be aware that 3 months wont hold everyone, so i think once pokemon comes out, we will hear some release dates about another game that we want. Good sign, Good sign!

( but it does suck that 3rd party games wont have online, like Madden 2008, i am ver dissapointed about that)

out of all of those games listed, i will probably only get 1 of them, mp8....

Last edited:
blizzo said:
I hate to be this way because I love my Wii to a certain extent, but who really cares about their online when you have to deal with friend codes?

you dont really need friend codes to play online. Not on the DS anyway, I'm not sure how the Wii will work. But on DS you really only need them to play games with very specific people, like in Animal Crossing if you want to go to someone's specific town. But in games like Mario Kart and Tetris you can just match up with people randomly and still get an online game out of it with total strangers, no Friend codes at all.

So we may just have to wait and see what happens before we get our feathers all ruffled up.

Wiitime said:
well, online is online. I am happy with it. yes you need friend codes, but its not that hard. We just get each others codes, it is annoying but online is going to be sweet. Finally a release date! so online play is coming by june. So, unfortunatley, no ssbb, Smg or Mario strikers charged until the summer or later. ( the article says the games listed are for april, may, june).. I hope they release a game when summer starts. Pokemon, i dont really care about. I really would like to see Mario strikers, to come out, play it online and that will hold me until SSBB. But i am happy to hear of a somewhat release date for online. even though there will be only 1 game online, i am sure nintendo knows, that they can wait more then a few months to release another online game... They must be aware that 3 months wont hold everyone, so i think once pokemon comes out, we will hear some release dates about another game that we want. Good sign, Good sign!

( but it does suck that 3rd party games wont have online, like Madden 2008, i am ver dissapointed about that)

out of all of those games listed, i will probably only get 1 of them, mp8....

Where did you hear Madden 08 won't be online?:( If that is true I'm going to be very dissapointed. I Won't even buy it

hotpotato78 said:
i think online play will be optional. whether you use friend codes or not because they are taking pretty long. So i'm guessin it will be something worth waitng for. i feel your blizzo. I think nintendo will come thru with a boom. They cant be taking long and still make it suck.

True. I really don't mind. Nintendo has gone by without online, I personally LOVE online, but will still love nintendo if they have it late. Im still pending on gamecube games, zelda TP, and VC games. Everybody votes channel has my entire family in a rouse over the next week and what cool poll to take part in (I have all 6 peeps registerd. My mom, my dad, me, my bro, my other bro, and my sis.)

-And According to EB games pre roder Brawl might be out june 1
http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product_id=T000233

Back