Wii Online Games suck.

Wii-Got-Wii

WiiChat Member
Feb 15, 2007
Wii Online Code
7481-0063-9618-2227
I know it is kind of early but my prediction is that the Wii's Online will be crap. Not connection wise but game wise. The only reason (other than controls of coarse) that I got a wii is because of the Online. Ive been supporting Nintendo for awhile and i don't have ANY online consoles. So when i heard that Nintendo's new "Revolutionary" console is going to support online, i thought it meant ONLINE! Not wii friend code crap, the lack of any mic is also frustrating and will probably make games like Medal of honour and Smash bros. suck compared to the 360's online. Those are about the only games that seem to have DESCENT online but that doesn't compare to a game that can be played for every as you blast the hell out of your opponents and never get bored. Im getting Medal of honour only because i have to. I have no other online games and never have so im forced to get a game that will get around an 8.5 (which isnt bad but CUMON)
that supports no mics. What do they expect us to do? Type on a virtual god dam computer in the middle of intense combat? I think it ridiculous. It's been a year already and not ONE amazing online game (and i dont mean an amazing game that supports online i mean an amazing online game) has even been announced! 360 has Halo and Gears. Where is Nintendo's Halo or Gears? Come out with a mic, come out with an online fps that never gets boring and im sure the wii will get amazing new sales. The reason alot of people with 360's don't want a wii is because of its crap online games. We got Pokemon...Battalion wars (friend codes..)...and Mario Strikers (Also friend codes but the non friend code one, you might as well be facing a computer opponent) after a whole year. Metroid Prime 3 was awsome but when you beat it, its over! No online. If it did have online, i probably would not have posted this at all. My friends all around me are getting 360's and telling tales of immense fun and online games. I played Gears and Halo and they are better than all the wii games so far...sad in my opinions... Post whatever you think, i am interested in the opinions and any advice on changing my mind on selling this wii. I geuss I might have to wait for Nintendo to catch up...

its not really the friend codes that much. Its the games.

Compared to the X360's online, Wii online is just total crap. SSBB might turn some heads, but that alone can't heal the Wii's online capabilities. Super Mario Strikers was somewhat of a let down, and having MP3 not have some kind of online was a downside, for me at least. Let's just hope Nintendo can open their eyes and actually improve the online..

u guys shouldve never bought a wii for online play. Get a ps3 or 360 cause of the price cuts. Having a wii for online play is just stupid. When I play moh online for the wii, I'm gonna develop some sort of tension in my arm or have deaf ears cause its dumb to think that hardcore online gamers such as myself would put a wiimote close to their ear (rocket launcher) 50x in a game.

Wii-Got-Wii said:
its not really the friend codes that much. Its the games.

all you really complained about were the friend codes and the mic. once a mic comes out for the wii(it will come), third parties will use it for online. it will eventually happen. well the only chance that we really have of using a mic without friendcodes is with d-power and EA nation games. but d-power suck so really only EA can give the online gravers what they want.

I prefer PC games for online play. Especially nowadays, there's way to many whiney brats playing console games online.

Sometimes there really is a benefit to spending a few grand on a PC :)

UT3 (demo) ROCKS!!! and makes Halo3 and Gears online seem like a java game.

RivalDestiny said:
Compared to the X360's online, Wii online is just total crap. SSBB might turn some heads, but that alone can't heal the Wii's online capabilities. Super Mario Strikers was somewhat of a let down, and having MP3 not have some kind of online was a downside, for me at least. Let's just hope Nintendo can open their eyes and actually improve the online..

How do you do it. This is what I mean except summed up. Its exactly true.

thas said:
all you really complained about were the friend codes and the mic. once a mic comes out for the wii(it will come), third parties will use it for online. it will eventually happen. well the only chance that we really have of using a mic without friendcodes is with d-power and EA nation games. but d-power suck so really only EA can give the online gravers what they want.

I'd rather have a headset over my head then to speak into a mic in my opinion.

There are many other topics to argue about online, including the game selections, features, friend codes, communication, ease of use, downloadable content, and much more.

Man wii need a good online shooter. The only reason I haven't committed to dropping $50 on Metroid 3 yet is because of the lack of a online multiplayer. I definetly can't wait for Mario Kart though :yesnod:

okay, i must say, your points kind of suck.

you rant about the mic and wanting Nintendo's Gears or Halo, but really, who cares? online FPS games are so unoriginal and yet people say that if your console doesn't have one, its automatically crap. since when did no FPS= kiddie? honestly, the people that play FPS only are n00bs. mix it up a little bit: play a platformer like Galaxy or an adventure like Zelda or Metroid (its got a shooter element, so it'll help with your transition).

now, that's not to say that i don't like me a good FPS, but its not the only thing. and having a mic is not as crucial as people make it out to be. yes, you would like to have one, but seeing as how the only thing that ever comes out of it is "OWNED N00B!" from some 12-year old is ridiculous. i would definetly like to have the option to do that, or to use it for online co-op in Bwii, but its not that crucial.

i truly don't see how online play is this vital that people won't buy a console for it.

this is Nintendo's first online console, the online isn't gonna be great right away. Most of the nintendo games coming out have online and a few third party online games are coming too. EA nation doesn't have FC's and a headset is bound to happen like it did w/ the DS.

actually their coming out with a microphone........google it

Back