wii online gaming?

It has already began. Just look at Pokemon Battle Revolution.

Unfortunately, this game uses the HORRIBLE friend code system that many of you are familiar with.

In a press conference with Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime, he announced that there is no word of whether future online titles will still utilize the friend code system.

wow...ur a bunch of asses on here...gah...at least answer him, i beleive slightly before summer or early summer we will have online.

is pokemon out? i see no word of it on gamespot

Last edited:
I forgot which game but I believe online gaming for the Wii will start March 30.

I believe Pokemon is out in Japan right now, and i think the game that E-Roc2010 is talking about is Blazing Angels. I could be wrong, but thats what ive herd.

dont forget Battalion Wars 2 will have online and i am pretty sure MP3 will have it... i am pretty sure Reggie said 2Q 2007 some were bitween April-June

super smash bros. brawl will be online and its comin out (well in the UK) I think around may sometime.

"Nintendo of America president, Reggie Fils-Amie was featured on the most recent episode of GameHead on Spike TV. While most of the episode is the usual Nintendo PR spin, he gives some information about online Wii gaming in the U.S.; expect online, multiplayer games to be announced in the first quarter of 2007 and to ship in the second quarter.

The episode is available on the GameHead site (that's the best link we could give you through the non-linkable, to-the-max Flash interface). The show even features Reggie bowling virtually and in a real alley.

Q2 still seems like a long time to wait, and our expectations keep rising the longer it takes to deliver a product. Nintendo is already late to the online party; how long will Wii-mail and Mii parades keep us occupied?"

the first online games for us (western countries, well mostly) will be pokemon and Batallion Wars II (which i am really looking forward too as the first one was good, i just hope online play is done well. And i highly doubt super smash will be out anywhere near May time.

Last edited:
briers07 said:
super smash bros. brawl will be online and its comin out (well in the UK) I think around may sometime.

MAY?

Way off... I think at least September/Ocober if it comes with Online. Maybe into 2008 if they truly want to make it a GREAT GAME!. It's worth the wait. Plenty of games to keep your satified in the meantime

Wii_Smurf said:
MAY?

Way off... I think at least September/Ocober if it comes with Online. Maybe into 2008 if they truly want to make it a GREAT GAME!. It's worth the wait. Plenty of games to keep your satified in the meantime
no dude i heard it was like late summer but im not to sure:scared:

Wii_Smurf said:
MAY?

have to agree with that statement. While brawl will be a fantastic game, especially with online we will have the likes of Batallion Wars, MP, SMG to keep us entertained.

Back