Wii Online Gaming

GangstaMack

WiiChat Member
Nov 22, 2006
I was just wondering how i would hook up my wii to the internet, problem is i have 3 computers in the house and they all are on a router that isnt wireless. would i have to go out and but a wireless router just to set up the internet on my wii?

I just got the wii and have it all set up to the internet through wi fi but i'm havin some problems. My news or foredast both won't work even though i have the newest updates. Second of all i don't know how tro add friends or anything cna someone explain to be what is going on because i want to play online with others but i'm not sure how.

you could do that or buy the nintendo DS wifi USB thing. it was made for the DS but it works with the Wii. just plug it into a USB port on one of your PCs (the one closest to the Wii is the best choice) and try to connect to the wireless on your Wii. im not 100% sure how the USB thing works since i dont have one but some people on these forums use it and it works.

another thing you could try is the Wii's USB-To-Ethernet adapter that is comming out soon. it plugs into the Wii's USB port and then you plug in an ethernet cord from your router.

EDIT:
MGRP77 said:
I just got the wii and have it all set up to the internet through wi fi but i'm havin some problems. My news or foredast both won't work even though i have the newest updates. Second of all i don't know how tro add friends or anything cna someone explain to be what is going on because i want to play online with others but i'm not sure how.

the news and forcast channels arent active yet. to add friends you gotta first get their Wii numbers and give them your Wii number. you add Wii numbers in the Wii's message board area under addresses and this is also where you get your Wii number. as of right now, no games can be played online because a) no games have online play and b) no games will have online play untill 2007

Last edited:
Mitch2025 said:
you could do that or buy the nintendo DS wifi USB thing. it was made for the DS but it works with the Wii. just plug it into a USB port on one of your PCs (the one closest to the Wii is the best choice) and try to connect to the wireless on your Wii. im not 100% sure how the USB thing works since i dont have one but some people on these forums use it and it works.
It works... well, it gets the job done, anyhow. The range isn't very good. Basically, the way it works is you install the software on your PC and connect the USB adapter. You then go into your Wii/DS and tell it that you want to connect to your USB adapter. Then, on your computer it will pop up a message with the console name (or DS owner name) and ask if you wish to grant permission to this Wii/DS. You say "yes" and you are connected.

Back