Wii online Gone Down The Trash Just Like DS online!

MysticGohan

WiiChat Member
Oct 22, 2006
pickering, Ontario Canada
Wii Online Code
2476-7789-3835-5591
I really Hate Nintendo Now!! :mad5:

Falafelkid: I would like to know if I am right in assuming that the features mentioned (friend rosters, advanced matchmaking capabilities and comprehensive rankings data) suggest a single, unified online platform for each console, rather than one which is dependent on individual games (as is the case with the DS).

GameSpy: GameSpy’s technology does allow for features that could span multiple games. With the Nintendo Wii, however, the multiplayer features are title-specific.

Falafelkid: But is that the case for all Wii online titles across the board?

GameSpy: Yes, that is the case for Wii titles.

Falafelkid: Just one last question to make absolutely sure I have got this right, please. If I have a friend roster in one game, that roster will not be available to me in any other game. I have to build up an entirely new list for each title, right?

GameSpy: The answer to your question is yes, for the Wii friend lists are game specific.

Full Article

Omg we have to have a different account for each game, that will never catch on, I mean its not like pcs already do that .....

maybe im off, but doesnt that just mean you'lll have to re-write your profile name, on, maybe 10 games? or does it mean something monumentous that i didnt understand like no online O_O but if its the first of the two, not too much of a big deal?

/edit oh, nvm, its about friend list :p

well thats not too bad, you have to rewrite your name/profile on every pc game, right? all you have to do is choose the same name lol.
thats not too bad :)
-edit as long as the internet works nicely (minis this little flaw) im fine w/ it as the game i'll be playing most is SSBB anyways :p

Last edited:
if you read the artical it also stats that you haver to have there friend codes to play anyone! this means you have to right different friend codes for each game!!!:incazzato:

thats it im trading in my wii and gettin a ps3 there out friday and comes with online play and the graphics are 20 times better and when home comes out on it it will be amazing

so i cant just hop online and play w/ random ppl ? im sure something'll come out in the way of a web site where you just enter your friend code and everyone adds you so you have a larger amount of ppl you can play that you dont even know. :confused:

Nfanboy said:
F*** you Mysticgohan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why are you mad at Nintendo?!?!? No wonder you got banned from that one website!
what you tacking about??? :confused: i didn't get banned from any websites!

I really want to play a good online console :( I'll have to get a Ps3. I'm sure the wii's online multiplayer will be great though.

Also, there will be matchmaking capabilities, which appears to be proof that Nintendo will expand its current online offering with the DS, mostly requiring users to exchange friend codes.
Err, wouldn't this indicate that they're doing a "no friend codes needed for online play" (just if you wish to play specific people, then friendcodes are needed)?

Also, here's Nintendo's bit on friendcodes:
The Nintendo WFC ID and the game card are treated as a unit. Because of this, playing your Nintendo DS game card in another Nintendo DS system may override all of your online information saved to the game card, including your own personal Friend Code. Other players with this Friend Code would no longer be able to identify you as an online friend until you provided them with the new Friend Code you would need to generate. We recommend against playing your Nintendo WFC-compatible DS game cards in any one else's Nintendo DS system.
Source: http://www.nintendowifi.com/consume...GTS_Friends&catId=GTS_Friends#GTS_friends_get
Seeing as though the DS and Wii are using the same wi-fi stance (even the USB dongle can be used on the Wii), it wouldn't make much sense for them to change it. Also, it stops people from selling on their games with an ungodly high stats/rankings etc for money - stopping people from making money out of Nintendo's acheivements.

Also, I don't see what the big deal with friendcodes is. You can play other people online without them, it's just that you need a 12 digit code to play specific people with it.

Back