Wii online Gone Down The Trash Just Like DS online!

I personally don't have a problem with the ds online service, I also know that a lot of people have been complaining about this and not happy that the wii is finally going online soon!! I mean it's no pleasing you guys I don't want to be like some other xbox live so those fanboys can say badf things about the wii, It's time we start stepping out of the norm kudos to nintendo. Also I believe that it all come down to each game and how they interact with this service.

Yeah but. X-box live is a great service. Seriously, it makes a whole lot more sense than the DS service. DS online sucks. It doesn't matter if it's different, it still sucks.

As long as I can play against random people I'm set. I never was a fan of adding friends on the 360... I usually forgot who they were or they would never be online (and when they were they annoyed me). Plus I hated being on a squad... I mean it was fun at first, but it eventually became a hassle. (this is just my opinion).

I'm fine with separate game codes. I'll just do what I did with Elebits... come on the board and find others that owned the game. (nothing more annoying than getting a random invite to Halo 2 while playing chrome hounds). You may say I'm anti-social, but that is what happens after you hear hours upon hours of bsing, trash talking, and cursing online... from 13 year olds (sorry guys).

Still this is why we need to send them a BARRAGE of emails and phone calls until they LISTEN to us. We do not want Friend Codes. Its stupid. We're not all 7 year olds. If parents don't want their kids in the gaming lobby then they can block it...simple as that. I should NOT have to type in a 16 digit code for every player that I want to play with online and have to repeat this MULTIPLE times for different games. Its absolutely ridiculous. I'm going to send them another email tomorrow and I encourage everyone else who feels the same way to do the same. Thats a potential method of bringing about REAL change.

Well, as a 21 year old, I don't mind friend codes at all... maybe because I'm not big into online gaming, because it's beginning to adversely effect the single player mode.

There will be random matching, as there is on the DS.

Honestly, I don't think this is just Nintendo's way of protecting kids. I think they realize the negative aspects of an open online environment. I don't like receiving racist or derogatory emails from people just because I demolished them in a match. I enjoy a bit of privacy online... if I want someone to have mailing or chatting privileges I should be the one that gives it to them.

Everyone should calm down and wait until online becomes available before bashing it. Also remember that this is Nintendo's 1st online console, I'm sure that they will make improvements in the future.

minto said:
im so gald i bought a 360 so now i have wii60

SAvin up for a 360 too!!! love my Wii but the bombshizniggity games are goin 360...hate me if u must but tis true. plus, altough i HATE paying for online play-at least its there!!!!

It has already been said by nintendo their will be Lobbys along side the friends lists.. so you dont NEED to make rosters. Dont start getting all cranky towards a thing that doesnt even exist yet.

The new Pokemon Wii game coming out June 25th has lobbies/ladders etc.

Dont worry bout it, Nintendo knows they cant mess up this time with Online. ALOT is counting on it.

Last edited:
Am I the only person on earth that actually HATES online?

I HATED/(still hate) Xbox Live.

I never got online for my PS2. Every game I owned was either single player, offline multiplayer, or had too feeble online play for me to care.

I LIKE offline multiplayer. That means I can have an actual party at practical times, and not just screw around and play multiplayer video games all day and ignore my life.

I don't even like online multiplayer computer games. The vast majority of them are horribly tedious or pointless, and if they arn't -- they're horribly laggy or unreliable.

I only know of a few games that fit all three of those categories though, one of which is Little Fighter 2. Laggy, tedious and pointless. Another one is WoW, but it has another bonus feature: monthly payments.

I've played:
Counter Strike
Lineage II
Ragnarok Online
MU Online
DEFCON
GTA3 Hacked Online
MapleStory
Diablo II
OGame
N64 Games (Online, ugh -- the LAG)
Halo, and Halo 2
.. (the list goes on)

If you can name a game that has online (not hacked in, either), that isn't laggy, pointless or tedious, and is actually enjoyable over long periods of time, without having hordes of annoying morons that are seemingly just there to make the game worse.. I'll probably think you're crazy.

Offline multiplayer is BETTER than online. Though, LAN parties are probably the best, but not always possible for certain types of games. They remove the lag, and the annoying people. It's still up to the game to not be tedious or pointless.

Just my 2c

Meh... That's From GAMESPY!!! Not From NINTENDO!!!!!

I Ain't Trusting Anything Till I Get A FULL ARTICLE BY NINTENDO!!!

+Maniacal=Maniac+ said:
Meh... That's From GAMESPY!!! Not From NINTENDO!!!!!

I Ain't Trusting Anything Till I Get A FULL ARTICLE BY NINTENDO!!!

Don't get your hopes up. A nintendo rep said it was official. BUT WAIT! It was a "rep", so nintendo might change there mind (please please please change your mind :cornut: ). *Prays*

~Rival

MysticGohan said:
what you tacking about??? :confused: i didn't get banned from any websites!
MysticGohan's sig said:
i know i suck at spelling
It's not that you suck at spelling, you just don't even try, also, you know you are bad at spelling, so use resources, use a dictionary, there's billions of online ones

As for what you started this thread for, I don't really care, and if I want to play online, I will use my 360 or my PC, and even if I have to re-insert all the information on my Wii again, I don't care, as a matter of fact that is better because not everybody has the same games, so why have the same information on every game when the person you will be playing with only has one online game? It's not enough to hate Nintendo, that's like saying I hate SONY because I can't get my VAIO to burn DVDs, I don't like SONY, but I don't hate them, hate is such a strong word

Back