Wii online play?

Wilko21

Wii-kipedia
Sep 17, 2006
Perth, WA
Will the Wii have a nintendo equivelant of Xbox live? What i mean is will there be online gameplay with people from other places etc. Sorry if this is a dumb question but i havent been able to find out.

Also will it be free and support the virtual console?

Thanks!

Last edited:
AFAIK there is something similar to xbox live. There are the Wii channels but also friend codes will be used andthere are hints that it will be in some way like the live dashboard. There has been no confirmation of pricing that i can find but there are hints that it will be free.

What about the people who dont have a laptop or pc , how can they connect with wi-fi to download virtual console games? do you need an internet connection to just browse the internet on wii or do you need it for virtual downloads as well? its supposed to be wifi out of the box , just plug in and play , but what if you dont have an internet connection as a lot of people dont ?

cruser said:
What about the people who dont have a laptop or pc , how can they connect with wi-fi to download virtual console games? do you need an internet connection to just browse the internet on wii or do you need it for virtual downloads as well? its supposed to be wifi out of the box , just plug in and play , but what if you dont have an internet connection as a lot of people dont ?
Man u posted this same thing in another thread!:mad5:

If you don't have a net connection then you won't be able to download anything or get the Wii online. You can use a usb/ethernet convertor if you're not on wifi though.

Jenksie said:
If you don't have a net connection then you won't be able to download anything or get the Wii online. You can use a usb/ethernet convertor if you're not on wifi though.

No, you are wrong... the WiiConect24 will be online even if the Wii is turned off!

Arcadium said:
No, you are wrong... the WiiConect24 will be online even if the Wii is turned off!

That is true if you have an internet connection. With no internet connection there is no WiiConnect24. Its like trying to turn on your Wii while it is unpluged

Soooooo nobody has really told me much. Do we know whether or not we will be able to vs other people on the net like we can in xbox live?

Arcadium said:

You either didn't read my post or are completley stupid. You must have an internet connection of some sort to connect to Wiiconnect24. Can you explain how people connect to the internet if they don't have internet connections? I don't think that the console is magic and connect to something that doesn't exist.

Back