wii online

bheard21

WiiChat Member
May 11, 2007
does anybody know if wii is going to have anything similar to achievements on xbox 360 or home on ps3?

aight but did u read about it or sumthin? is there a website i can go to to read about it?

bheard21 said:
does anybody know if wii is going to have anything similar to achievements on xbox 360 or home on ps3?
Achievements and Home are two completely different things. It is hopeful that Nintendo will release a 'WiiWorld' of sorts, that will be a more simplistic version of HOME. Achievements on the other hand...I highly doubt. Achievements were an incredible idea made by M$, and if Nintendo and Sony dont make their own version of achievents before their next console, than their market is really going to go down.
Think about it, if someone has a ps3 and xbox and they are buying a game that is out for both consoles, which one are they ganna buy? The 360 version of course! They dont get any gratitude of beating the game (and other various achievements (no pun intended)) on the ps3 version. Whoopdey frickin doo you win. On the Xbox version however, you earn points. Regardless of whether these points are worthless or not, it is still much more gratifying.
Nintendo would be VERY smart to implement achievements in the near future. In fact, Ive even thought about this...What if, instead of worthless points, Ninty gave us VC points for Achievements. It wouldnt be very many, Im thinking like 10-20 points would be an average achievement. It would GREATLY increase the replay value of games (especially the millions of mini games the Wii is home to).

Rep if you found info interesting.

I hope that a "Sims Online" style game comes out for the Wii. Those games are so pointless, yet so much fun!

How does how long I've been here have any bearing on "if I know what I'm talking about"? I've been using forums for many years. I know how they work. This one is the same as any other forum, except it's for talking about the Wii.

Yes, I heard at a conference last week that the next step function for Wii
is going to be online gaming.

Back