Wii Online

AForret

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2008
Im sure this has been on her a lot since the new update for the internet has been put on.. but when is online gaming going to come to Wii ?

What do we all know about it as of now ?
Do we know any games that will come out with it ?
-----------------------------
Also are they gonna put a Java update on so that way you can download like AIM for Wii, and possibly a keyboard ?

- Sorry if these questions have been asked, just curious

Thanks for the help.

AForret

Online gaming is already on the Wii, some popular online games include Mario Strikers Charged, Battalion Wars 2, Guitar Hero 3 and Medal of Honour: Heroes 2. Many are also looking forward to Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Brothers Brawl, both being playable online.

Not sure about a Java update but you can use a USB keyboard with the Wii if you have updated the appropriate channels.

Last edited:
hey i know dis is a dumb question but i heard a rumor from a friend which has had the wii for a while now and he told me that after a few months they charge you to go online is this true .. i just got my wii about 2 months ago so idk hopefully it is just a rumor

Your friend is incorrect, there has been no word that Nintendo will start charging users who play online.

ooo thank god....he wass telling me some crap about if you wanna play for a year you just have to pay $50 dollars .... but thank god again that it was just a bunch a carp ooo and thank you guys as well :cool:

KTIGZ said:
ooo thank god....he wass telling me some crap about if you wanna play for a year you just have to pay $50 dollars .... but thank god again that it was just a bunch a carp ooo and thank you guys as well :cool:

He may have been thinking of Xbox Live. Microsoft makes you pay about $50 a year to use their online surfaces.

Back