Wii, Orange Livebox and wireless internet

flan70

WiiChat Member
Feb 4, 2007
Hello everyone,

I've just managed to successfully connect my Wii to my Orange Livebox.
I followed the instructions on another thread in this forum - http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-hardware/11186-orange-livebox.html

Changed the security to WEP only and the Wii connected instantly.
Since then however, i've been unable to connect to the Livebox with my Laptop wirelessly.
Has anyone else had this issue? :confused:

I can use a wired connection to my laptop, but not wirelessly.
Perhaps this is the wrong forum, but as many of you obviously have a Livebox and Wii connections, i thought to give it a try here first.

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks a lot.

I could be wrong and i'm no expert but if you have changed the security on the livebox do you not have to set up the security on the laptop to match?

You have probably look at this, sorry if its no help

Thanks Shaun, all suggestions are much appreciated.

I've tried all sorts and couldnt get it to work.

Coincidentally, the laptop broke down yesterday, so IT have now replaced it with a brand new T60 which is connecting to the livebox fine :)

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

what does the wii orange live box do from l.j my number 4175-8730-0025-1321 please answer back im desperate to no

Last edited:
The Livebox is a wireless router provided by Orange, a European Mobile telecommunications company.
it's not a Wii accessory.

Livebox problems solved :)

After ages and ages of trying disabling different security things and trying different access points, I solved my problem of 3 weeks not being able to connect my wii using my livebox router. All I had to do was...

PRESS THE LITTLE BUTTON MARKED WIFI ON THE BACK OF THE LIVEBOX. This makes the connection visible for a short period of time. Then try connection test.

Trust me I tried everything up to this point... Hope this helps anyone stuck with this xxx

legend, that wifi button did the job much to my surprise and pleasure. so simple yet so clever, nice one cheers a lot.

Back