Wii outsells PS3 5 to 1

Sony is for dipshits!!! :lol: woop

Lol. PS3 is a good price for what your getting, Plus Sony has never been popular is Japan, While Nintendo are a Japanese company, I'd much rather prefer to see the US Figures

"Yes you heard it right, Americans bought 360,000 Wii consoles in April compared to 82,000 PS3s and 174,000 of Microsoft Xbox 360’s sold within the same time.
This information comes from the NPD Group which compiles monthly sales data and the New York Times".

"According to David Riley, a Senior Manager at NPD Group, that puts the Wii's total sales since its release at 2.5 million units, a little less than half of the Xbox 360's 5.4 million total units sold, and roughly twice the PlayStation 3's 1.3 million. All sales figures are for the U.S. alone. "

Wii is catching up fast.

http://www.smarthouse.com.au/Gaming/Industry/A8F7M7J3

I know a few people who bought the PS3 with no interest in games. They just wanted a cheap blue ray player!

Edit: I just realized this the OP was about Japan. The Wii outsold the PS3 in the USA 4:1 in April

Last edited:
haha. i love articles like this. my friend owns a ps3 and he's always like "the wii is just a fad."

all i ever have to say is "look at the numbers"

he says the same thing about how the psp is superior over the ds.

and i say the same thing.

in before a Shiftfallout post.

My friends laugh at me because I have a Wii... but then I got a Ps3.. and they still laugh because I have a Wii... but then I can say I have a Ps3 to shut them up :)

So you bought a PS3 to shut them up? Nah J/K
Personally I prefer the 360 but It's your choice. Anyways I don't care about which sells more. Im just happy I got a console I like :)

in touch with the wii said:
well the problem is they are not getting much more then sony since the ps3 costs so much

not really, because Nintendo actually makes money everytime they sell a Wii, while Sony loses money everytime they sell a PS3. so just to round off and do some basic math:

250,000 Wiis: aprrox. 50 dollar profit per Wii = 12,500,000 dollar profit
50,000 PS3s: approx. 200 dollar decrease per PS3 = 10,000,000 dollar loss

that is just on the consoles. sony makes lots of money on games, however, and of course, they do make more things than just consoles (TVs, sound systems, etc.). but those numbers are pretty fasinating when you think about it.

Wii_Smurf said:
I don't care about which sells more. Im just happy I got a console I like :)

Exactly! People here seem to get overexcited when they insult another console... I really don't see the point of it at all

And I got the Ps3 because the games I like was coming out on it, I got the Wii because the Ps3 was delayed till March and I couldn't think of a Christmas present... But I would've bought the Wii eventually if I got the Ps3 first

Back