Wii Overheating problem solved....

match002001

I'm like a ninja!
Jan 1, 2007
Austin, TX
Wii Online Code
1484-3381-6098-3781
I have expirenced my Wii over heating multiple times and freezing on me. I have since then taken the Wii out of the cradle and it gets better circulation and no over heating. You might want to try it if you are expirenceing freezing all the time. it gives way better circulation than in the stand.

P.S. Im drunk so no over complicated questions or I will spam you.... only kidding but seriously I'm pretty wasted.....

match002001 said:
I have expirenced my Wii over heating multiple times and freezing on me. I have since then taken the Wii out of the cradle and it gets better circulation and no over heating. You might want to try it if you are expirenceing freezing all the time. it gives way better circulation than in the stand.

P.S. Im drunk so no over complicated questions or I will spam you.... only kidding but seriously I'm pretty wasted.....

Cant do anything for ur drinking problems, but thank you for the heating advice, i havent experienced problems yet, but if i do, ill know what to do ;)

HAHA No 6th bored of 6th actually just drinking while Wii-ing but it froze on me and I decided to take action and Nintendo support line was closed, figures it's the first time I called them and then I realized that there was just a small opening at the bottom of the cradle for the intake fan and I was like Hey! That's bullshit so I say screw the cradle and go old skool whatever that means but yeah it rocks!

I leave my standing up without the cradle. It seems to do just fine. Make sure theres nothing behind it to block the fan.

Redan499 said:
I leave my standing up without the cradle. It seems to do just fine. Make sure theres nothing behind it to block the fan.

Yes but there is an intake fan at the bottom of the Wii. If it is standing the rubber stoppers seem to give it some breathing room. but for optimum airflow it's good to justlay it on it's side. Intake and output fan free and clear

Last edited:
You might want to try it on it's side anyways cause even though you might think it's a heating issue it is a possible function of Wii saying it's not getting enough airflow

The Wii runs much cooler using a wired instead of wireless connection. My console went from being very warm all the time on all sides to slightly warm on one side and almost cool on the other.

I laid mine on the side, didnt really notice a difference. but if it works, dooooo it!

Not sure about the wireless connection but if you have tested it and not feedin us bullshit then It's an OKGO for me.

*update*
Watching youtube videos for about 1 hour so far no heat.

match002001 said:
HAHA No 6th bored of 6th actually just drinking while Wii-ing but it froze on me and I decided to take action and Nintendo support line was closed, figures it's the first time I called them and then I realized that there was just a small opening at the bottom of the cradle for the intake fan and I was like Hey! That's bullshit so I say screw the cradle and go old skool whatever that means but yeah it rocks!

WHy don't you come over here to college station and get on north gate its smaller and probably shittier since everyone from north gate goes to austin to 6th street but at least you will be in college station then :yikes:

Back