Wii Overheating problem solved....

trunks9_us said:
WHy don't you come over here to college station and get on north gate its smaller and probably shittier since everyone from north gate goes to austin to 6th street but at least you will be in college station then :yikes:

Oh you would like to think so... but I love Austin cause there is actually a Dave and Busters around the corner and no one can pass up video games and alcohol.:thumbsup:

Oh and just to clearify, on the side I mean where you can feed the disc in horizontally if you haven't gotten it by now with the bottom intake fan and the back fan exposed.

*UPDATE*
Been 2 days so far no freezing at all no decrease in performance.

Well good for you and what I have noticed and everyone I have show agrees with me that none of the airways should be blocked. With anything.

match002001 said:
Well good for you and what I have noticed and everyone I have show agrees with me that none of the airways should be blocked. With anything.

Ya, and there have been minute reports of the verticle stand being able to block airways.. its not that big of a area you know. The rubber and what not can be obstructive. And make sure hair doesnt gather in the stand (or the wii itself)

does it stop it from heating too much in standby mode laying it on its side?

som1 said:

Doesnt hurt to try. :)

It definitly makes sense tho, the Airways on mine have nothing within a foot radius to block the airways. While the verticle stand is within a few cm from the fan.

som1 said:

Mine is on Standby for most of the day. everyday except for Wednsday and Thursday and it doesn't heat up very much at all.

I just got a Wii Thursday and my stand has a hole for the port on the bottom. Mines Never overheated. I play it nostop all day. It never even gets hot. Plus the fan only go's on every once in a while. It's never off the stand.

Yes there is a hole at the bottom and if you even read the thread then you would already know that we have addressed that.

Yes there is a hole, but the cradle hovers 3 cm above the surfave it sits on. hence not good enough airflow. All fans should be open and clear from any obstuctions. And if you are not having an over heating issue then don't worry about it but if you start to notice your Wii freezing alot and it eventually starts warming up then flip it horizontally

ok how hot does all your wiis get on standby
mine gets warm, close to the temperature of warm water.
I don't get it..
It shouldn't even get anywhere near warm/even cool in standby
mine is very very cool while on.. just not while on standby
anyone help?

Well even though it is still in stand by and someone mentioned this on the board I can't remember who at the moment but if energy is not being used by the power supply it actually wastes it and that generates heat in power supplies. since there is not alot of energy being used in standby mode most of it gets wasted. It should not get hotter than the bottom of an Xbox with an Hour straight of game play.

well hot is that...?
i never bought an xbox cause my friend had it
so we would chill there
it mostly only gets hot on the side of the buttons
and it gets hot around the power supply on the side of the dvd drive

The heat it is producing is almost as much as blowing into your hands
cup your hands and blow warm air in there
its about that

Back