Wii Overheating Test

Redan499 said:
Cooler your system is, the longer it will last. I myself am thinking about getting a cooling stand for my system soley because the rents are worried about it getting too hot.

they say they dont help THAT much tho. thank nin for 15month waranty, if problems from network card occur in half a year we're safe :p

well simply take it off stand by mode and unplug it from the wall. Who cares if you miss a mii or an update overnight, its not like it will be gone when you boot it up the next day. The best way to increase the longevity of any electronic is to shut it off and remove from a power source when done.

You all know the wii is cool as a cucumber when it runs so there is no need for a intercooler when its on.

The wii does get hot with wii connect on 24/7 so I turned it off. Wouldn't it be more interesting in testing the wii overheating in the summer heat?

I can't count how many times I knocked the NES off the shelf when I was a kid.

But yes, I've also been connected since launch day, no problems at all.

dds said:
well simply take it off stand by mode and unplug it from the wall. Who cares if you miss a mii or an update overnight, its not like it will be gone when you boot it up the next day. The best way to increase the longevity of any electronic is to shut it off and remove from a power source when done.

You all know the wii is cool as a cucumber when it runs so there is no need for a intercooler when its on.

and even if you are 24/7 connect, whenever you play the wii the fans cool down the network card.

PtonJalken said:
Because afterall, whats the point of Wiimail and Wiiconnect24 if its not on 24/7 and you cant get your messages?

mine's been conected since november 19, and it hasn't melted!!!

Nicky111zz said:
mine's been conected since november 19, and it hasn't melted!!!

thats good info. anyone else whos been connected for awhile without problems feel free to post

yuzi87 said:
well my wii has been connected 24/7 since december 8th when i brought it and still works fine

Same here, mines NEVER been turned off (if its possible without turning off at the wall) so far and its only warm, im sure nintendo took this into account considering there "seal of quality"

ya, good to know ppl had it horizontal without problems - the heat when i had mine horizontal scared me a bit. no harm done tho :D

I have mine on Standby Horizontally. It gets a little warm but when I play games and get the fan running, it cools it down. No problems for me at all.

I have mine connected since I bought it, and it's working OK.
I never turn it off, just stand by.
And yes, you can get e-mails I got twice from Nintendo and the slot glows blue when you have mail waiting.
It's better to be in the stand by mode so you can get updates while you sleep/not using it; eventho this has never been the case, I download all the updates and not the Wii by itself, maybe I didn't give it enough time since I try to keep my Wii up to date.
The last update is the news channels working since past Friday 26....

mine just died during game play...I had to unplug and plug to start it up again...mine is sitting vertical

PtonJalken said:
I know posts like this have already happened.

I recently finally turned my Wii online because i got my wireless working. I have heard that the Wii can get quite hot. So im running some tests.

Im wondering if anyone has tested their Wii over a long period of non-stop connection to see if it survives?

Ive been moving my Wii around every day from 2 spots to keep it off a hot surface. Im not disconnecting my Wii even if it melts (doubt it lol) since i want to see if Nintendo put any thought into the fact they get hot.. i got the 90+ day waranty and such so lots of test time lol. Probably just going to try a week of non-stop, if its gonna overheat it will do it before that time.

Because afterall, whats the point of Wiimail and Wiiconnect24 if its not on 24/7 and you cant get your messages?

lol...

I've Had Mine Connected Since December!!!

No Explosion Yet! ^_^

Back