Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii PAL compatiblity

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by Clash, Mar 16, 2007.

1. Clash

Clash WiiChat Member

Hi. I bought a PAL wii on the europe but on the country I live the system used is the NTSC so now it's black & white, is there any way I can fix this? Thank you, sorry if there has been a topic like this, I couldn't find the search button!

:)

2. GaryT85

GaryT85 Super Gario

this will depend on your tv.

you say you have a PAL wii, but are playing in a country where the standard is NTSC, so assuming your tv will be set to NTSC by default.

IF your tv supports PAL signals, then all you need to do is switch modes on the tv, and you should get the wii displaying properly... if your tv doesnt support it, its gotta be a new tv/new wii i guess...

also another thing you probably wont be able to buy games from where you are now, you will need to make sure they are european PAL to match your wii console..

3. XLaw

XLaw WiiChat Member

id say sell the PAL Wii on ebay and try to get some where a NTSC Wii

4. Clash

Clash WiiChat Member

Besides the TV and new wii, is there any other solution? A DVD player that can display PAL/NTSC images perhaps?

5. thisisgil

thisisgil WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 1616-2753-9551-8415
    1616-2753-9551-8415
    It's a tough one - the reason you're getting a black and white picture is related to the fact that PAL is a 60hz refresh rate, and it's only really the newer NTSC sets that can support 60hz. Suffice to say, it's a lot easier to convert from NTSC to PAL (You can just up the refresh rate to create a weird hybrid called NTSC60) than it is to convert from PAL to NTSC.

One thing you might want to try is a hardware signal convertor. I found lots on here: http://www.hdstep.com/home.php?cat=307&gclid=CM7ljPjF-YoCFRhPEAod5AdTmg - give it a go, but beware that your mileage may vary.