Wii party games

dragonmark

WiiChat Member
Oct 5, 2007
I was having a Wii party this weekend with my family and was wondering what the best family friendly(I have a 7 year old niece) party game out now. We've played Wii sports, and they loved it. I only have two Wii-motes/ninchecks, so that may be an issue.

I love mario party 8, I thought it was very entertaining, there is also Carnival, and Big Brain Academy, which are all fun. My favorite is Mario party. Some people say its just another repeat of past mario party games, but I still love all the fun mini games even if it is old or new.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll probibly end up with a lot of different party games over the next couple years if my family continue to love it.

Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Definitely Wii Play.

mario party 8, wii play, carnival games, and cooking mama

and big brain academy wii degree and also wario smooth moves

WarioWare: Smooth Moves is a very fun multiplayer game. I like the bungee buddies. BUT you have to beat single player, but it is fun to play although too short, but good multiplayer.

I think Wii sports is one of the best games out there, after that mario party 8, rayman raving rabbids(have to beat single player) tie, then super monkey ball and sonic are actually very good also and start right off with multiplayer experience. Warioware would be #1 but you have to all use 1 controller, that is a major drag and pain in the butt. I wish they would have offered an update through wii shop to allow more controllers.

You will find that the larger the party, the less games that will be played. :)

My last Wii party this last Thursday involved a group of about 15 people and there was no getting off Wii sports, as to give everyone a chance to play took even more time. While Tennis is fast paced, the Bowling does take a bit longer and only allows four at a time to play. If you are having guests like myself to whom have never played the Wii, Wii Sports is your best bet to get them started.

when you have more parties, or have guests that are more a-tuned to the Wii, you can more easily roll the title selection. Consider game specific themed parties depending the size of the group and play experience, however simply having one title is enough to keep a small crowd occupied for an evening, and keep a couple others ready on stand-by if by chance the mood begins to sour. :)

Also, MAKE SURE you have enough room to hold the crowd. My last party was to include the Wii, a cookout, and an evening camp fire marsh-mellow event. My wife and I decided to experiment with setting up the Wii in the yard to keep everyone concentrated in one area, provide more room, and keep everyone together. Mind you, the Wii and the sun do NOT get along. ;)

Thanks for all the suggestions. My family varies in age from 7 to 45 (70 when my grandparents are around), and video game expirance from none to myself who has been playing video games since atari. They love the Wii, and have had a lot of fun with Wii sports, but I was looking for something new to keep things fresh. I got Mario Strikers, because I found out that the games can be only 3 min long so thats not to long between plays. I'll defenatly be looking at the other games suggested for future parties, but I don't think its wise to get them all at once, or they could all lose their charms quickly. I do plan on having these about once a month, so I'm sure I'll be looking for another game soon enough.

I'm going to have to go with what these guys have said, Wii Sports is the best multiplayer game in my opinion, then you can't go wrong with Mario Party 8, Mario Strikers Charged (Has online play if you want to get more than casual with it), Warioware is another good one, and from what I've heard the Carnival Games are fairly fun. Everyone in my family loves the Wii and when I take it with me when I visit they all want to play.

I would like to URGE you not to buy Strikers as a party game for youre family and friends. I dont know wether they are gamers or not but if they arent ( even if they are ) they will probably have a lot of trouble to "get" mario strikers. Therers a lot going on there on the screen.

Just get things like: Mario Party 8 ( This game can be challenging to non-gamers but even my mother in law likes to play it so... :p ) Wario Ware, Carnival and the likes. Wii Sports should be enough for an evening or 2.

Back