Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Wii Pitfall help - Mama-oullo tower

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Gaming' started by hobocamp11, Feb 1, 2009.

1. hobocamp11

hobocamp11 WiiChat Member

Could someone tell me how I leave this area the first time through? I can't leave by the Ladder of Miles, as I don't have a gas mask yet. And apparently I'm also not ready to leave by walking over the hot coals. So I'm not sure where that leaves me. I've climbed the rock tower and thrown the lever, which causes part of the tower to turn. But I still can't figure out how to leave. Thanks for any suggestions!

Tom

2. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

Go back down through the passage underneath where you threw the lever (the one that goes through the tower that you access from the bottom of the grassy stairs). There's an exit to the Jungle Trail off the far side of the water. There is also an Idol in that direction requiring you to swing from vines to reach it.

3. hobocamp11

Thanks 1995hoo for coming to the rescue again!

Tom

4. kamel

kamel WiiChat Member

Sinai Lain

Does anybody know how to get through this level. I have a raft and cannot seem to find a way to get out of the raft and onto the ground where there are men throughing TNT at me. After leaving an area that I can't remeber the name of but it several blimps, I returned to the eye level and was teleported to the snowy mountains. This is the second time I have been to the snowy mountains.

5. hobocamp11

sorry Kamel. I haven't yet made it to that level.

6. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

It sounds like you maybe mean the Spinja Lair? If you teleported to the mountains, it means you have the Pickaxes (as the only way to access the teleporters is with the Pickaxes or TNT) and that you worked your way through the Lost Caverns (Underground Dam, etc.), so I assume you're at the Spinja Lair.

Here's an initial tip:
    When you get into the Raft, look behind the left-hand ice pillar for a small ice island. You can land the Raft there. Then enable your Pickaxes, jump to the first ice column, and climb up. Keep the Pickaxes enabled and Heroic Dive to the second column, then Heroic Dive again to where the goons are. (Note that there are two Idols on this level and one of them is reached from the two ice columns—you need to Heroic Dive with your Pickaxes enabled onto the far wall where you see a little ledge. The other Idol is in plain sight later.) You cannot make these jumps unless you enable the Pickaxes.

There is more to the level than what I just described, but that tip should get you across to where you fight the goons.

7. kamel

kamel WiiChat Member

Sinjai's Lair

Thank You 1995hoo. I have been paddling all around that cave. I must have missed the landing. I will try it out again. :D

8. kamel

kamel WiiChat Member

Copacanti Lake

Does anybody know how to get past this? I have found all 3 pedestals and have pushed the pegs down by standing on them. I also climbed the stairs in the center island, still nothing. Thank You.

9. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

After you climbed the stairs and stood on the disc up there, it should have zoomed in on certain places.
    Use your Sling to open the way to the next level. Also don't forget to snag two Idols and an Explorer before leaving. There is a Shaman at the end of the next level.

Once you get through to the next level, have fun. It was one of my favorite parts of the game.

10. baja1000

baja1000 WiiChat Member

Kamel, Did you flip the lever? It brings up the final button you have to stand on ... then you have to sling three areas.

11. kamel

kamel WiiChat Member

Copacanti Lake

Thank You. I will try the sling and look for the lever.

12. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

You need to throw the lever before using the Sling. I'm playing the game a second time and went through there earlier today and had forgotten about the lever until I got there.

13. baja1000

baja1000 WiiChat Member

YW =)

I'm 92% done with the game. I'm in the Flooded Courtyard and need to get back to the Jungle Trail but I must have taken one too many knocks with the TNT back @ St. Claire's camp. Will someone please point me in the right direction. You can't get back thru the Monkey Temple or Twin Outposts and I've tried super dive and heroic feet to "try" and get past the lava rocks @ Flooded Courtyard but am having no luck. How did you get back to Jungle Trail?

14. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

The first time I was at that point I didn't go back to Jungle Trail—I went via Twin Outposts to go play the Native Games some more to try to get the last few Idols, and then from there I went off to the Renegade Fort and through the Flooded Cave to Bittenbinder's Camp because I still needed the Idol at the Battered Bridge.

Later I went back to finish some more Native Games, but ultimately I never did finish all of them, and when I finally said "Enough is enough" I went to finish the game via the Flooded Courtyard. You need to Heroic Dash to the brick area (where you first got that ability), then Heroic Dash to the wall and Rising Strike up. You can't stop before doing the Rising Strike, however. Just race across the lava and then Rising Strike up to the walkway.

15. baja1000

baja1000 WiiChat Member

I was afraid you were going to say that. ;) I've had to go back to the healing water a bunch of times b/c I always get "coal-ed" feet from the lava. *sigh* Thank you for answering. I've also gone back to play the games. heh I wish they had a sled run game.

I can't believe you're playing this a second time. I'm determined ... and struggling to finish this the first time! :)

Thanks again. :)

16. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

Aside from the Native Games, I also wanted to retrieve the Shaman at Butterfly Glade (requires Gas Mask) and the Explorer at the Renegade Headquarters (requires TNT....if I could find the stupid git who designed it so that you have to go in there twice I will smack him silly because it's such a nuisance to get through the Renegade Fort!).

One possible alternative for you would be to use the teleporters to get back to the mountains, then raft to Jungle Canyon, then work your way across to the Fire-Bombed Towers via that route. You can access the Jungle Teleport by blowing up a particular wall at the Turtle Monument.

17. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

Here's another notion. I was just playing the Native Games again and became fed up with the hard-level Pickaxe Race (I've won the other four), so I decided to go retrieve the Idol and Explorer from the Fire-Bombed Towers and then go back to the Pickaxe Race. Just for the heck of it, I decided to go around through the mountains using the teleporters. All three teleporters are one-way, but that's no big deal because you just go hop on the other disc if you want to go somewhere else.

So I went like this: Native Village ---> Turtle Monument ---> Jungle Teleport ---> Cavern Teleport ---> Mountain Teleport ---> White Valley ---> Penguin Den ---> Ladder of Miles ---> Mama-Oullo Tower ---> Fire-Bombed Towers.

This route worked rather nicely because it avoided the nuisance of that huge cluster of howler monkeys on the Jungle Trail (sure, you can just blow them all up with TNT, but it's still a nuisance). The Breakdance Strike works REALLY well against the penguins, as does TNT. This route was faster than it sounds because the teleporters don't take much time to use.

After I got the Idol and Explorer I went back to the Native Village: Fire-Bombed Towers ---> Mama-Oullo Tower ---> Ladder of Miles ---> Penguin Den ---> White Valley ---> Mountain Teleport ---> Jungle Teleport ---> Turtle Monument ---> Native Village

(Yesterday after visiting the Mysterious Temple I had decided to go play the Native Games before going to St. Claire's Camp, so for that part I went from Bittenbinder's Camp ---> Flooded Cave ---> Renegade Fort ---> Butterfly Glade ---> Turtle Monument ---> Native Village.)

18. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

I just finished the game, and this time I got all the Idols, all the Explorers, all the Shamans....after finishing, I went to the Punchau Shrine to use the "gift" the Shaman gives you when you make the final purchase. The gift is
    Pitfall II: Lost Caverns, the old Atari 2600 game. I hadn't played that since probably 1985.

It took me a tad under 14 hours of gameplay to finish the game the second time through; the first time, it took around 32 hours.

Best news: It said
    "See you soon for Harry's next adventure"
    after the ending video concluded (but before I went back to Punchau Shrine).

#18 1995hoo, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  19. baja1000

baja1000 WiiChat Member

Ha! Me too. I remember this game in the "good old days". I've reached the final Pusca battle but have been trying for two days to knock those infernal pillars into the minions and the floating Pusca. I've realized now that if you utilize your Pickaxe spin ... that you're virtually indestructible however, when going into the final battle I try to strategize too much.

I do believe I'm getting a blister on my right thumb from trying to heroic dash everywhere. LOL

20. 1995hoo

1995hoo WiiChat Member

The Breakdance Strike (if you bought it) also makes you virtually invincible, but if you do it for too long Harry becomes dizzy.